2022 NFL Football Thread

Hope we just didn’t see a player die on the field. Need to call the game

I’m behind watching the game, but yikes…

The hit didn’t even look that bad, but obviously it was. Just awful.

Pretty scary. I’m surprised they haven’t called the game.

If he dies soon they’ll almost certainly call it. UC Medical is about a 10 minute drive from the stadium. If they get good news from the hospital they might continue???

It’s been an hour now… :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Sounds like it’s not going to finish tonight.

I am guessing, but I might hope it was a heart stoppage due to collision that the cpr was able to counter. I figure a brain stem injury impacting autonomic system would be worse.

Unless there’s dramatically good news I can’t imagine the game will continue. Looks like they’re packing up.

I saw a tweet that they got a pulse back but he wasn’t breathing on his own but who knows.

The game is totally unimportant at this point.

Hopefully he lives and make a recovery to something approaching normalcy but a 24 year old needing CPR for almost 10 minutes is never good.

1 Like

Exactly… that is so scary.

Officially suspended for today… which is obviously the right call

glad i was late to this one. did not see it, tuned in for the delay only. easy cancellation.

why the nfl is delaying is likely relating to logistical stuff, but damn that isn’t needed before calling it in a situation like this.

There is no reason to finish this game.
Don’t suspend it, cancel it.

Anyone thinking otherwise can fuck all the way off.

100% this

that’s been the best guess I’ve seen people make. that or a major rupture of something important (related or not to the contact)

https://twitter.com/FOX19Tricia/status/1610106980005191689?t=hgjKGyWwdketzixKH-pKrQ&s=19

I am told that Damar Hamlin has been intubated and is currently listed in critical condition. @fox19

Cincy news anchor

1 Like

Obviously it has playoff implications, so my guess is they fit it in at some point, but we shall see what the NFL decides.

You edited an important part of my quote.