2022 NFL Football Thread

It would be incredibly callous to play tomorrow or Wednesday.

Can’t believe people are advocating for that.

1 Like

Seriously, call the game a tie give them time to grieve. It’s going to be tough enough for the Bills for sure to even play next week.

2 Likes

Unless he has a dramatic improvement (like breathing and talking coherently), that seems like an unrealistic expectation for his teammates at minimum. They need time.

1 Like

I read from multiple media sources that the NFL tried to restart the game tonight, and the two heqd coaches refused to take the field.

I assume the bills will refuse to play later this week.

2 Likes

Good for them.

3 Likes

People trying to good in this situation

I’m not advocating for resuming the game tomorrow or Wednesday… just speculating. I’d be surprised if they resume it this week, actually.

My guess is it resumes after Week 18 with both teams on (very) short rest. My guess is they move both teams’ Week 18 game to Saturday 1/7 and then pick up this game on maybe Monday 1/9 or Tuesday 1/10.

Bengals Week 18 is against the Ravens and they hadn’t set the time slot yet. Bills have the Patriots, currently scheduled for Sunday at 1:00.

Trivia teammate relayed a news report of heartbeat but no independent respiration as of report.

Yeah, that’s been tweeted, but I don’t know the source. I have a friend who’s a nurse at UC Medical and working there right now, but not in the trauma center… she has no inside info or anything other than everyone at the hospital is aware of what’s going on.

Prediction: NFL will reschedule for tomorrow; teams will refuse; NFL will announce a forfeit of both teams.

2 Likes

This is honestly terrifying for the man. If it is commotio cordis, it’s positive that he has a pulse afterwards, but who knows.

1 Like

Speculation is commotio cordis.

1 Like

My guess is that they play week 18 games on Friday night or Saturday, finish this on Tuesday, then get the Sunday night or Monday night wild card games if they don’t get the bye.

My guess is more along DTNF’s line of thinking.
Buffalo will forfeit, Cincy may too.

A condition I knew nothing about before tonight. From what I’ve found survival rate is high if CPR defibrillator is done very soon, like first 1-2 minutes from injury.

Still sounds scary as hell.

Yeah, something like that.

I mean they could theoretically push everything back one week and add a Week 19 (with just the one game) and get rid of the week off between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

No one cares about the Pro Bowl other than the players involved, so that is easily moved. But to move every playoff game would be a big deal, so your guess seems more likely to me.

Jordon Rooney

[
@jordonr

Update on Damar: His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests. We will provide updates as we have them.

3 Likes

That’s his marketing rep ^^

3 Likes

In high school, we had an opponent in a soccer game collapse like that after a collision to his chest, and he ended up dying in the ambulance after the treatment. It’s a life threatening condition for sure.