2022 NFL Football Thread

Wilson rejected going to WFT
That offer was likely better than the Denver one.

IMYP

You know . . .

I Modernized Your Post

1 Like

Denver has better weapons, but Washington actually has a solid OL and a couple good WRs. I expect them to draft a QB in the 1st and let him sit 1 year before they cut Wentz next year.

I would have just signed Teddy B., but what do I know?

I think if Denver resigns Melvin Gordon for next year, they should have a ā€œgood enoughā€ OL to allow a lot of magic to happen.

And itā€™s possible that MG will do a one or two year deal that is team friendly to pursue Rings.

Will be rooting for Chargers, Chiefs and even Raiders to stomp Broncos. A solid 5-11 season for Broncos would be great. Have a decent year in 2023.

anyone else spin wheels on NFL mock drafts?

pro football network interface is cool. allows trades. but i wonder if trade offers really pour in like that in real life. If so, I would love to see it happen where a team amassed future picks like I seem to be able to. But i doubt it is realistic.

so mostly for silly fun now, as the needs are about to be addressed first with FA. Then the pro days and whatever make some shifts in value come to fruition. but post-combine, you can start to see who may/may not be projected available for your teamā€™s 1st/2md round picks based on current rankings/fever dreams.

Sorry, Iā€™m not that interested in the draft, let alone a mock draft.

Yes I like playing with mock drafts a little. I tend to play more with the pro football focus one, which seems a little more realistic in terms of what trades might be accepted. One feature they added this year was % chance your trade offer might be accepted. Still, you can occasionally have offers accepted that may be unrealistic.

They also give you a draft grade, which is suspect but can be entertaining.

i think almost all of the trades that would get accepted are built on the ā€œstandardā€ draft value charts. that said, i offer none but review what is offered. i think realistically, i canā€™t predict any sort of trade other than what might come up on a 1st rd offer. or sometimes later you get offered something small to move like 2 spots. The rest is fantasy.

I wonder if some of the engines use the old Jimmy Johnson trade chart, which I think all or most teams have moved on from now.

1 Like

Looks like count on Ridley rising. More bets than originally reported. Up over 30k and counting with multiple Falcons bets. Clearly not 1 round of bets at 1500 total as posted.

Yeah, that makes it more problematic to me.

Way too many moving parts for me, and I canā€™t be bothered to REALLY learn the nuances of defense and OL play.

I can see it being fun to look at, but itā€™s not really for me.

Iā€™m in the middle of a super deep 14 team dynasty fantasy draft (my 27th rounder: Qadree Ollison, currently Atlantaā€™s 3rd string RB, though Cordarrelle is a free agent). As we got into backup TEs, 3rd string RBs, WR4sā€¦ I had to look up more names than Iā€™d care to admit.

Wife just told me that Tom Brady is returning to buccaneer s

nfl.com article:
Buccaneers QB Tom Brady announces 'I'm coming back' for 23rd season 'in Tampa'

So took him 6 weeks to get sick of his kids?

4 Likes

And his supermodel wife

2 Likes

Turns out he was only immunized against future seasons.

2 Likes

Kind of feel sorry for the guy that paid a little over half a million for the football Brady used to throw his ā€œlast TD in the NFL.ā€