2022 NFL Football Thread

He’s probably feeling a bit deflated.

6 Likes

Of course, there’s a non-zero probability that it will remain the football Brady used to throw his “last TD in the NFL.”

It’ll be the penultimate ball TB12 used to to throw a TD.

QB sneaks all season long, FTW.

1 Like

3 Likes

Legal tampering has barely started, and the Jaguars have already given $159,000,000 to Christian Kirk, Foye Oluokon & Foley Fatukasi

Guaranteed numbers are all that count.

Buck/Aikman gonna fuck up Monday Nights instead of Sundays.

Not sure if this affects Fox Baseball or not. Here’s hoping it does.

1 Like

Probably for playoffs; unless the contract is very explicit in how that is to be conducted.

:iatp:^ :iatp:

Actually, I don’t watch baseball anymore, so it won’t affect me, but maybe it will nudge me to give it another go.

I don’t get this agent’s beef with the WFT (preferred over the Commandos, no underwear for those guys!!).

Ok, I get that the agent is out some money, maybe.

1. This is the NFL. Don’t listen to the team about anything involving your player.
  2. This is the NFL. You don’t get a head’s up that benefits every other team.

Dallas is really upset about losing some guy to Denver (?) who gave assurances that he’d re-sign with the Joneses. Maybe loanadis can shop his talents around to other teams and find a landing place.

I think NFL FA is a kind of frenzy and if you want the best money negotiate it in the opening days of the FA window, so if the agent knows WFT is going to cut his client he can start calling around to teams that need a DT that his client will be available rather than when the music stops and most of the chairs have been filled.

if the team said they are def keeping him, then cut him 2 days into the window where big money is being handed out, then that’s cold even by nfl standards.

they all know the drill and the agent tries to prepare client for it. they talk to team, team should deal honestly. agent must believe the team didn’t hedge at all and then went the other way. if so, that’s lousy.

Story from WFT is: tried to trade him; couldn’t; had to cut him cuz Wentz.
If word gets out that they will cut him, then no one will trade for him. They’ll take their chances picking him up without losing a player/pick. And, if no one wants to beat the FA market and trade for him, his value has been updated, even for the WFT.

It should be expected in the NFL. Shitty league.

Deshaun Watson’s suitors are reportedly down to CAR, NO, and ATL, with the last 2 being clear front runners. I am somewhat surprised by ATL’s interest. He is a hometown guy and former Falcons ballboy, but the sexual assault allegations make him seem like a guy the ATL front office would typically take a pass on. With all the holes on ATL’s roster and their cap issues, trading a haul of top players +picks AND taking on a big contract would seemingly make matters worse.

IF ATL is going to land Watson, look for them to deal Ryan in the next 24 hours as he’s due a roster bonus tomorrow afternoon. If ATL doesn’t get Watson but still wants to move on from Ryan, a post 6/1 trade would make cap management much easier.

Davante to Raiders!

Packers couldn’t afford him because they gave A-rod 50 mill per year.

Packers offered him more but apparently Davante really wanted to play for the raiders and with Carr.

I’m kind of happy about it as a packer fan. No WR is worth 28m/yr IMO. Plus I think Rodgers tended to get laser focus on Adams in tough games and not trust scheme to get people open. They were 7-0 when Adams missed games with injuries.

With 28m plus 2 picks they can get a mid-range WR and draft one, re-sign Rasul Douglas, maybe get Tonyan back too.

2 Likes

For the last few days the rumor mill was pretty active that Watson was going to ATL or NO, with most of the smoke about ATL. Now in a twist Watson has asked to join the Browns, a team he reportedly ruled out a while back.

CLE reportedly trades 3 1st round picks, and guarantees 100% of Watson’s salary.

ETA: new 5 year, $230M, fully guaranteed deal per Schefter