2022 NFL Football Thread

Could be, but a couple of news sources are reporting it:

1 Like

Ah, sounds accurate then.

Nothing wrong with being part of a racist mob.

All NFC East teams are in the playoff positions as of now.

The Giants may have a tough go holding on to that given that the only team with a losing record they play is Indy. 2 v Philly & Was and Minnesota. Gotta think that the toughest remaining schedule based on opponent record.

Worse: they all play each other several times, so someone usually has to lose.
PHI: NYG, DAL, NYG
DAL: PHI, WAS
NYG: WAS, PHI, WAS, PHI
WAS: NYG, NYG (twice in a row, albeit with a bye in-between), DAL

WAS or NYG can end up with six losses and be in last place.

In this survey of analytic staff for NFL teams, 75% say momentum exists within NFL games

I guess they have the data to back it up.

Oh, they don’t:

It’s kind of like me taking off my statistician hat, putting on my football hat, I feel like you can feel it.

“Just because we can’t measure it, or we aren’t capable of measuring it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.”

Lolz

What just happened!?!?!

That drive by Baker.

The raiders gave that game away.

2 Likes

Let Mayfield Bake!

1 Like

Raiders are somehow 2-4 in games where they led by 13 or more. Yikes

Dumb penalties. And one hidden small mistake - they intercepted a pass inside of 2 minutes and the guy knew there was dpi called. He should have extended the play and burned time.

But the penalties were dumb.

Raiders gonna raid?

ifyq

As soon as they got stuffed on 3rd-and-1 and had to punt I told Weaselette the Rams were going to drive down and win it, and the raiders would do something stupid to help them. I’ve been a Raiders fan for about 50 yrs so I’ve seen this movie before.

2 Likes

The Falcons announced the rookie Ridder as starting QB. Makes perfect sense in many ways. Mariota has not been good. His accuracy in particular stinks. Falcons need game play to see whether Ridder can develop into a starter or not. While the Falcons are technically still in the playoff hunt due to the awful NFC South, this team isn’t going anywhere with bad QB play.

Mariota apparently is pouting and has at least temporarily left the team. Might be for good. All that pleasant talk about being a team player was apparently BS.

I imagine Ridder will make plenty of mistakes early like most rookie QBs do. Expectations aren’t high given where he was drafted, but let’s see what the rookie can do

Purdy says “hold my beer…”

1 Like

I my weekly picks I avoided 3 games with doubt as to the starters

In two the back-ups played and won, in one the starter played and lost
this is confusing

More time for video games:

Well . . . not Dance Dance Revolution . . .

3 Likes

I believe its still possible for the entire NFC South to finish 6-11

1 Like

Needs to be renamed NFC Po’Boys

1 Like