2022 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

This is great!

Reminds me of the reports in China relating to the WC. People noticing that the stands are full of unmasked people and asking the Chinese officials some tough questions so now they minimize shots shown of the crowd.

Ecuador v Senegal looks like it may be an exciting finish.

Senegal and Netherland are through.

Hopefully USA can match Senegal intensity and get the needed win.

So best case for USA is win and Wales win. Not the most likely but the best result.

Also hope Iran does what Ecuador tried to do early. Ecuador were through with a tie, they played for the tie early, and a PK made that backfire on them.

Getting a bit nervous. Carter-Vickers starts. Strange to change CB with 1 goal in 2 games. The one was related to Zimmerman but tough. Reyna on bench.

Turns out we have Peacock so guess I’m watching the game in Spanish today at work.

Why Spanish? Is Peacock streaming it only in Spanish? I mean, good for you, the shit Fox broadcasters are not on for you.

(Makes sense that Fox wants exclusivity in English.)

Yeah Peacock has the Spanish language broadcast included and I can steam it on my computer. I mean I suppose I could set up fubo ty and watch it in English but honestly I don’t give a shit about the commentary.

At home I’d just watch the Fox broadcast but don’t have access to it at work.

My Canadian cable tv network has a portable feature so am watching their coverage on my iPad while visiting Columbia, S. C. They are showing both the US and England matches on separate channels so can switch viewing if either game becomes a blowout. Will start with the USA-Iran match.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

1 Like

The USA has certainly carried the play today and deserve the lead. Going to switch over to the England - Wales game now as Iran totally outmatched.

Yeah USA has had a number of chances but now Iran needs to open it up as they can’t park the bus anymore as they’ve tried all match. Would love USA to get a 2nd goal somewhere and avoid a potential Wales game repeat.

England is dominating Wales but nothing to show for it yet.

Offsides

Just a step. Thought they were going to get the back breaker goal there from Weah.

That play from Pulisic was nuts

2 Likes

Imagine finally getting a WC goal after the start to the career he’s had and not being able to celebrate.

England is just whaling away right now