2022 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

The USA draw v England is looking more impressive.

It was only a matter of time before England started scoring given their domination.

Iran has had a lot more chances in the 2nd half. Clock can’t run fast enough.

1 Like

That was a bullet dodged at the end.

2 Likes

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

1 Like

Drat. Now we have 3½ days more of Fox commentators obsessing over the US.

Just listen to the Spanish broadcast. The only words you need to know are pelota, falta and GOOOOOOOOOOL!

1 Like

You’re AT work? That sucks. I’d have taken a long lunch if I were at an office. Blocked off the time. But then, I’m a REAL American. /s

Technically, a player can only be off of one’s own side.

I’m ok with obsessing over our team. Our team is good. We finally do not yield the midfield in international play. It makes a difference. If we had a 9, we would be a top 8 club. ARob is a good LB and gets back after runs, Dest is playing better but doesn’t always cover back. Ream is playing strong. Adams, Pulisic, and McKennie all doing what they are supposed to do. We didn’t lose a game, outplayed all3 opponents and Reyna played 8 minutes.

Official xray of Pulisic’s injury

Warning: somewhat NSFW

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1597677486812594176?t=R9xPBg_SIsic9cvWMBVvLA&s=19

4 Likes

There are only two things I can’t stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people’s cultures, and the Dutch.

6 Likes

Complete female referee team for Germany - Costa Rica match on Thursday.

I don’t think Telemundo is carrying the games in 4k.

If the USA beats the Netherlands then I will believe the USA team is for real. However I bet on the Netherlands in our pool. I have been supporting the Dutch for over 50 years and, like England, they have a knack for disappointing so USA fans may have cause for optimism.

I watched all three England games and was struck by how poorly they played against the USA. Maybe kudos go to the USA defenders for that or maybe the UK attack was just off that day? England seemed to be content with playing for a tie that match but they attached mercilessly in their other two matches.

1 Like

The Dutch gave us tulips, cheese and legalized prostitution - what’s so bad about them?

1 Like

I was looking for an RN

1 Like

I think the 6 likes is the closest you get to an RN on this site.

1 Like

Agree, but thought Cooke and ViceFleeble might want to know that’s what I was going for

1 Like

googled the RN