2022 Exam 7 Progress Thread

I’m starting with Brehm on the 15th of November.

1 Like

Is source reading a must? Not quite sure on what study material im going with but I’m aiming mid to late november on this.

The source material is a must if you aren’t super smart

Anyone had any luck with the Linest function in Pearson’s test environment? I was trying to apply Venter’s multiple regression, and I can’t get the linest function to work…

Nope

Anyone know if Venter’s CY regression test would be tested? Asking for a friend…:rofl: (I am joking, don’t report me)

Well… with CBT… there are quite a few “things” on 7 that weren’t testable before, but now in the realm of possibilities… I am wondering how much I need to prep for them…

Urg, nowadays asking about the potential exam questions is like asking a question on sex in an ultra orthodox family… it really helps if you understands it and there isn’t anything inherently evil about it… but you get whipped and disowned if you do it…

1 Like

It’s definitely more testable now

For some reason I can’t get the statistics function in linest to work? So when I do Index(Linest(Y,X,1,1),2,1) I get a error.

Does anyone know how I can get the standard error from the linest in the Pearson environment?

I’m thinking about ordering materials this Sat. I decided to go with Exam 7 rather than 9.

I wonder if any of these study materials will incorporate practice problems taking into account CBT. Anyone here know if future exams will continue to be designed as if they’re for Pen&paper?

As some of us already know, it wasn’t really the case with Exam 8

Well, for TIA, Alejandro did have excel files that shows many calculations that weren’t doable on pen and paper before. I find those to be very helpful. In terms of practices, it’s always tough to predict what will be on exam.

I can’t comment on CF.

Well, that’s the million dollar question isn’t it: what would the spring 2022 exam would be like… I do pray that it would be similar to the ones before, and no syllabus change… But who knows, maybe COVID 19 would develop the “anaerobic resuscitation” trait (like in plague inc) and it won’t matter in May anymore… But there is always hope…

I started reading Brehm ch.1

Im gonna enjoy ths Thanksigivng week and will start the week after.

1 Like

Split decision on the real-world perspectives I’ve gotten so far, so naturally, I come to the internet:

With baby #2 due date of May 1, should I try to get the earliest or latest exam time?

• April 30
  • May 6
  • any 1 of 42 points in between cuz ur probably effed either way

0 voters

Same. I have already read a couple papers back when I thought I was going to pass 6 last fall, so that’s something I guess.

This reminds me of my coworker who was ready to take exam 6 after getting a couple of 5s and was positive he would get a six. Meanwhile his wife goes into labor the night before the exam and couldn’t take the exam. He had some other crazy things happen to him that prevented passing exam 6 for a few years.

I think later is probably better from a probability standpoint. April 30th has a pretty high probability of the baby being born. But either way you could be messed over.

Well, your wife might need your help after labor (and for the next 18 yrs, but that you can deal with later), so you might want to try to get it done before the event.

I don’t know if you have any kids or not… generally the first is usually late, but subsequent ones might be early if we based on BF method… if you guys have kids already, you can try to apply CL.

The true benefit of early is the chance of sitting before baby. Later hedges that, yeah baby will probably be here, but less chance it’s on the actual day. There’s definitely a tradeoff.

2nd kid, edited post.

I’m going with the BF projection at the moment.

Hmm, do you have reinsurance (as in your inlaws or any relative you can call on to provide coverage?)

Generally speaking coverage provided by your inlaws would inure to the coverage provided by your parents. :grin: