2022 College Football Discussion

Just finished watching. Wow, tOSU lost their poise, at home. Quick note to the, oh, 400 Michigan fans top level end zone area: take off those blue sweatshirts on the way to the car. The 'Bus is filled with a-holes after a loss. (After a win, too, but not as many who want to burn shit.)

Seems Michigan was strategizing all season for this game, holding back their QB, establishing running games and all that. Then, unleash the McCraken, er, MeCarthy!! And on Defense, The McGregor!

Do we need to add thrice beaten SEC champion to the playoff scenarios?

A&M crowd storming the field. Wtf.

No

Meh. Last game of season.

You sure? Scenarios 4,6, and 9 are out, and it’s possible current scenarios 1-4, 6, and 9 could all be off the table. You sticking with the remaining order in the unlikely event that happens?

Wtf?
Please provide more detail.

Possible championship game scenarios

UGA loss to LSU
Michigan loss to Purdue
TCU loss to KState

The chances are extremely remote, but it would be a weird scenario where the favorites all lose their conference championships and the committee picks no conference winners in the playoffs.

TIL the Pac12 no longer has division.

So, the Huskies miss out the Pac12 championship game based on tiebreaker, despite not playing either of the two teams playing next week (Utah & USC).

I’m not seeing any scenario where LSU makes it. In the meltdown scenario, the following teams would remain ahead of a 3-loss LSU:
UGA
MI
Ohio State
AL
TCU
Maybe USC

Probably. Would just be interesting if the committee wound up picking no conference champions for the playoffs in the event of lots of upsets in the conference championships.

GA and Mich are in, even with losses Saturday.

If TCU and USC both lose, which one is more likely to still make the playoff? Or will they both simply be replaced by Ohio State and Alabama?

Will Ohio State REALLY get in ahead of Alabama if it comes down to that?

If both are close losses, I’d say TCU would be more likely to get in given resume. However, I think they might be replaced by the teams above.

Ok, phase one of playoff chaos is complete.

First player announcing he’s skipping a meaningless bowl game.

Phase II in progress :popcorn:

Lol 2 down, 2 to go

I think scenarios 1,2, and 7 are the last standing from DTNF’s list above. 7 is tOSU, and I do think they are probably in. I’d say it’s probably pick 2 from tOSU, TCU, and Alabama. TCU has by far the best resume of the 3 to me this year.

I notice that on that one guy’s ranking, the Big 12 is on top. That should count for something.