2022 College Football Discussion

That was a pleasant surprise.
Did not expect that.

As usual, they’re doing it incorrectly (unless you’re placing bets), in that shit happens (Ole Miss over 'bama?) and then they’ll have to reorganize it all.

GoA updated Conference Rankings, unlikely to change in order, but some will drop due to non-existence:

1. Undefeated SEC Champion (5 teams)
  2. Undefeated Big10 Champion (4)
  3. Undefeated ACC Champion (4)
  4. Undefeated Big 12 Champion (3)
  5. Once-Beaten SEC Champion
  6. Once-Beaten SEC Runner-up
  7. Undefeated Pac12 Champion (3)
  8. Once-Beaten Big10 Champion
  9. Once-Beaten ACC Champion
  10. Once-Beaten Big 12 Champion
  11. Once-Beaten Independent
  12. Once-Beaten Pac12 Champion

Dropped: Undefeated Independent

Looking at THEIR predictions a different way (rounding “<1%” to 1%).
ACC: 0.56 teams in the Playoffs.
Big 12: 0.43 teams
Big Ten: 0.92 teams
Pac 12: 0.52 teams
SEC: 1.39 teams
Total: 3.82 teams
I guess “complete shitshow” makes up the rest of the 4.00 teams.
BYU, ND, and UCinn are on the list, totaling 4%.

1 Like

GoA updated Conference Rankings, unlikely to change in order, but some will drop due to non-existence:

1. Undefeated SEC Champion (4 teams)
  2. Undefeated Big10 Champion (3)*
  3. Undefeated ACC Champion (2)*
  4. Undefeated Big 12 Champion (3)*
  7. Undefeated Pac12 Champion (2)

Don’t look now, but The Fighting Illini have cracked into the AP polls for the first time in 11 years on the back of their 5-1 record.

Now cue them going 2 & 4 the rest of the way…

538 usually has better articles than this:

Uh, yeah, whoever beats Alabama is “back.”
The undefeated teams of a Power conference will likely make the playoffs (the somewhat unlikely possibility of all five Power 5 conferences with an undefeated team means the least – Pac 12 – is out). Because the GoA playoff rankings say so. That means beating Alabama, if you’re not Alabama.

Tennessee Volunteers as tribute… to beat ‘Bama!

Should be some interesting rankings next time, particularly Tennessee, Alabama, Michigan, Clemson

Meh.
GoA rankings will still hold after today.

Havent seen or heard as obvious “theyre back” since a harry potter movie

Puking as an intimidation tactic?

https://twitter.com/DrinkallCoach/status/1581423276769038337?s=19

the head bob at the end was impressive. that said, the action seems unhealthy. but i know some guys (and gals) just puke in certain exercise settings and know it is coming and how to deal w it.

Tennessee started a kickstarter to replace the goalposts torn down after the W vs AL. Could have also put this in News that makes you say WTF.

Um, does the UofTennessee Football Program not make enough money to pay for this? That’s not a good look.

Also, I would assume they have replacement goal posts in case some other catastrophe hit. Cheap bastards. Just add a one-dollar surcharge to one game next year.

From NPR:

The call for donations — from a school paying its coach $5 million annually, and after a nationally televised game viewed by millions on CBS — came despite UT President Randy Boyd saying amid the euphoria that “It doesn’t matter” how much it costs to replace goal posts, if it comes with beating Alabama.

GoA updated Conference Rankings 10/17/2022, unlikely to change in order, but some will drop due to non-existence:

1. Undefeated SEC Champion (3 teams left)
  2. Undefeated Big10 Champion (2)
  3. Undefeated ACC Champion (2)
  4. Undefeated Big 12 Champion (1)
  7. Undefeated Pac12 Champion (1)

Maximum possible chaos in the SEC:

1. Alabama (12-1) SEC Champion
  2. Georgia (12-1) SEC Runner-Up
  3. Tennessee (11-1) Beat Alabama
  4. Ole Miss (11-1) only loss to Alabama

I need to add a “Once-beaten SEC non-runner-up”??
Maybe.

Gotta admit they are a good team with a non-flashy style of play that will cause problems in the Big10.

It’s hard to get excited about them. They have been so pathetic for so long. There is no trust until they can be consistently decent for a couple years at least. That doesn’t mean ranked in the top 10. I Think that means consistently at least 6 or 7 wins per year and minor bowl appearances.

But now they have a good defense and seem to be able to run the ball. Their passing game is middling at best. I’d like to see 8 or 9 wins but get a lesser bowl that they might be able to win, rather than earn a berth in a bigger bowl only to get pummeled by some SEC team.

GoA updated Conference Rankings 10/24/2022, unlikely to change in order, but some will drop due to non-existence:

1. Undefeated SEC Champion (2 teams left)
  2. Undefeated Big10 Champion (2)
  3. Undefeated ACC Champion (1)
  4. Undefeated Big 12 Champion (1)
  7. Once-Beaten Big10 Champion
  8. Once-Beaten ACC Champion
  9. Once-Beaten Big 12 Champion
  10. Once-Beaten Pac12 Champion

Do we need to add a once-beaten Big10 runner up? I feel like a Michigan/Ohio St. losing to each other might make it over 8-11