2022 CAS Elections

I find it curious that they select 5pm as the cutoff - does someone really start counting ballots in the evening? I missed a vote a couple years ago because I was expecting the cutoff to be midnight.

I assume (but donā€™t actually know) that they have someone manually confirm that further attempts at voting really will fail, and therefore might wish to have the cutoff at a time that works with the working hours of the person so tasked.

If the margin is close can potential board members demand a recount?

If the margin isnā€™t close, will the losers send blast emails decrying the fraud?

It would be interesting if there were concession speeches.

It looks like last year, they were released on 9/1.

Cold beer here, get your cold beer here!

The website still says ā€œvote now!ā€

They usually contact all the candidates before publishing the results. I wonder if they are having trouble reaching someone.

Maybe one of the candidates had some extra documents that needed to be recovered :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe there are issues with one or more candidatesā€™ purported love for the CAS proving false?

Would that matter? Even if they had lied, it they get the most votes donā€™t you think they win?

shrug A poor attempt at humor on my part.

Maybe itā€™s someone who currently has limited access to the internet.

2 Likes

Between this and my COVID test results the suspense is killing me :scream_cat:

Hmmmā€¦ The only thing that I find suspenseful is waiting for the rings of power.

idk, Iā€™ve got extremely low expectations for it.

I liked wheels of timeā€¦

Iā€™m kinda hoping the CAS results wonā€™t disappoint. :slight_smile:

Whew:

President-Elect
Frank Chang 2,305
Director
Amber Rohde 1,656
Julie Lederer 1,558
Len Llaguno 1,507
Steve Belden 1,385
Alan M. Hines 1,382
Carolyn ā€˜Coeā€™ Bergh 1,321
John Gleba 1,241
David Skurnick 1,190

1 Like

Just got the email. Looks like the WLTCAS sponsored candidates did not win, although the votes are pretty close. Belden beat Hines by 3 total votes for the 4th spot.

1 Like