2022-23 NHL Hockey Thread

BOS fastest to 100 points (Asterisk).

Boston improved to 48-8-5 in its 61st game, besting the Montreal team from 1976-77 that reached 100 points in 62 games when there were regulation ties and no extra points for overtime or shootout victories. The Bruins have seven points for overtime and shootout victories in their 101 points.

Lemieux gone.

That Montreal team and Boston are just a notch above the competition. I can’t see anyone knocking off Boston this year. My Leafs will probably face them in the second round if Leafs get past the first round.

So here’s my prediction off one player, NIck Foligno. He is currently on IR. My guess is, if he comes back a couple games before or right as they start the playoffs Boston is a go for the SC. As a CBJ fan I have a good feel for what a winner feels like, as they are so few and far between in CBJ land. The best player we ever had Rick Nash was a loser. He didn’t have the fire, the desire to win or the hate to lose you need to be a winner. Nick Foligno has both. This dude played every position beside goalie for the CBJ and he is the fourth line center for Boston. He is older and slower but I have watched him win games, playoff games sheerly based on will. My prediction is if he is on Boston’s 4th line as a starter going into the playoffs and makes it to the finals, they will raise the cup.
TLDR: Your talent gets you to the finals, your will raises the cup.

1 Like

My Isles are sitting on the fence…

Pacific Division will start beating up on each other over the final weeks.

LAK looking a bit weak with a +5 goal differential even though they’ve won 17 more games than they’ve lost. Eight of their last nine games will be Division teams. Luckily a few are ANA and VAN (sohrry).

Going this Saturday to the NSH game.

The Canadiens team of that era were a sight to behold. The skating and team play was a thing of beauty. They also dominated the Russians in a tie during that era and then beat them.

As far as this year, I would never want to play Tampa, ever. They will be a tough out for anyone. They might not win, but they will fight.

Seems like the Metro will be the only division i come close to getting right. Yeesh a bad year for my predictions.

Kings cannot beat the VAN.
There was a factoid on the TV that said they hadn’t won v VAN in over five years (they did not play during COVID season, but still). Not sure how it was noted (might undelete and FF to the blurb).

My Canucks do get up for the Kings no matter the difference in the standings. A lot of Canadians in LA but they are mostly Leafs fans so probably the crowd is not a factor.

Update: VAN’s Last REGULATION loss to LAK was March 12, 2018. They are 9-0-2 after that.

1 Like

Two great segments on Hocjey on Real Sports. One was about Chris Snow who has advanced ALS and is the GM of CAL.

The other was about Singh, the NHL Hockey announcer. I’ll get his first name later, but I want to meet him some day.

1 Like

If you meet him then maybe he will tell you. Make sure to introduce yourself first though, and try not to stare at his shoes.

Ive been following Chris Snow’s story on twitter for years now. Pretty inspirational

Harnarayan Singh is a national treasure. Although I do not understand Punjabi, I sometimes listened to his broadcasts just because of the love and enthusiasm for the game that he projects.

That’s the guy! I posted from my phone after watching. They did an update of a segment from a few years back. Said he was on a game-by-game contract until this year. Cuz, well, you know.

If I could only get him to replace Alex Faust on Kings broadcasts…

1 Like

Kings had no game between Monday and tomorrow. That should allow the other teams to catch on their lagging games. And, unfortunately pass them in the standings. They play back-to-back HOME games on Sat and Sun, surrounding two NBA Basketball games (LAC Saturday night, and LAL Sunday afternoon).

Just checking the standings, and now LAK have a game-in-hand vs LV and EDM! (Should even out by Sunday night.)

Meanwhile more and more teams declining to wear a rainbow warmup jersey, some not even Russian!
“It is against my religion to do unto others…”
“It is against my religion to treat people equally…”

1 Like

And Vancouver is 6-0-0 in last 2 years against Dallas Stars despite Stars having a much better overall record during that period. Go figure.