2022-23 NBA Basketball Thread

Because no one ever loses at home… (checks this series… FOUR away team wins before this game.)

Was surprised that Miami not only won but they dominated from start to finish. Hope Lowry gets his second championship ring.

Celtics had a big lead in the first few minutes, then Tatum’s injury swung the momentum in Miami’s favour. As I was about to go to sleep Boston brought the lead down to single digits, had a feeling they were going to pull it off but never happened.

This guy seems like one of the good ones:

The night he was named the MVP of the Western Conference finals, the story was LeBron James talking postgame about possible retirement.

But if Jokic had a reaction to James stealing his thunder, nobody heard it. He reads books, not his mentions, having deleted all his social media years ago.

Smart, too.

1 Like

Is it just me or is Jimmy Buckets the real life version of M-F Jones from Horrible Bosses?

And we have a series

And the Nuggets can win it at home.

Yeah the series didn’t last long. After Miami took a game in Denver I thought they might make a series out of it. But I thought Miami would fold when they last 3 straight to Boston and had to go there for G7 so they may surprise. But I don’t expect it. I expect Denver to be celebrating their first ship in front of their home fans tonight.

Hero might play tonight, though I wonder how much help he could provide.

When the let the foul when Butler kicked Gordon in the groin stand, I told my wife if Denver loses the conspiracy nuts would really be going off.

Congratulations to the Denver Nuggets. Both them and Miami worked hard to make game 5 seem like a game 7.

2 Likes

Gutsy performance by Miami but Jokic unstoppable. He’s only 28 and Murray only 26 so Nuggets sitting pretty with this pair for a few years.

Agree that when the Butler kick to the balz stood as a foul on Gordon that things were going to go for the Heat. The Nuggets are going to change how teams are built. The LeBron way of dismissing ownership/GMs to connect with other players to recruit 2-3 superstars together is likely over. A well constructed team that sticks together can get there. I am hoping the Celtics pay Brown and Tatum and keep Brogan, Smart, 2 Williams and White. If they add one more role player or slight improvement over Horford (who I like), they can still get there. Teams that stick together are better than tear downs. They are losing to good teams (yes, Heat was an 8 seed but a tough one) in Conference or NBA Finals. They do need to protect Boston better. This group of Celts win on the road at a higher percentage than they should and lose at home more.