2021 NFL Football Thread

Sorry you missed it. It was fun, for one time at least. I think that they need to make sure that we see the game as well as get to follow their chats. We know Peyton can talk, but Eli needs to work a bit on getting his points out there and not having Peyton run the whole show. The guests were pretty good, although Ray Lewis was disappointing, seemed like he may have no been all there. Maybe because I hate him with a burning passion, I may be jaded. Barkley was great, he wasn’t all amped up like on basketball shows. Not sure if I will watch again, maybe just to see if we can actually watch the game as well as get the commentary from the Manning boys.

Saints have 8 positive tests. One player in the 8; six are coaches, and reportedly the coaching staff and personnel staff was fully vaccinated.

Something to keep in mind as you make your Sunday picks.

Stop me if you’ve heard this before: Marcus Mariota will miss time due to an injury.

STOP!

:rimshot:

Congrats to anyone who took the New York Giants Washington Football Team to win tonight.

What a disaster of a game last night

Stories like these are what interests me about American-Rules Football. More than the games, since I get to yell at the screen about deception being important in an offense:

I think they are still playing. It was damn entertaining though, for non-Giant fans.

Betting that Bears fans never thought they’d see any point in this season where they wish Andy Dalton was in at QB over Justin Fields, but today might have scared a handful of them into it.

1 Like

Headline I foresee coming in December, 2021

Nagy Fired as Bears Coach

also,

Nagy’s number to be retired by Bears.

Henceforth in light of the dismissal of Matt Nagy, the number “3 & Out” will be retired by the Bears.

2 Likes

The ATL NYG game was painful to watch. It’s going to be a long season for both teams

Down 23-0 at the end of the game, after turning the ball over on downs, they get to the 2-minute warning, the Broncos are just trying to run out the clock, and the Jets are calling time outs to … ?

If I’m Denver’s coach in that situation, I go for a TD, go for 2, then onside kick it and try for another TD.

3 Likes

Me watching the Raiders since midway through the 4th quarter:

Article I saw yesterday: the Giants are 18-49 since the start of the 2017 season, the worst in the NFL.

That was written before the Jets lost, which also makes them 18-49. One of those wins (2019) is over the Giants.

Shouldn’t be too much longer and we’ll hear Jeff George saying he’s available.

An actual record in NFL Football on the Football Field occurred this weekend. No, it’s not most TDs by someone who mostly plays QB or shit like that.

66-yard field goal, and not at high altitude, by Tucker of BAL. Second time DET has lost by a record setting field goal in the final seconds.

3 Likes

I’d love to see what he could do in Denver.

Another epic loss for the motor city kitties.

Also, a play that has never happened before, as I understand it.

Jacoby Brissett completed a pass from his own end zone for no yards, and the receiver was tackled for no gain and a 2 point safety.

It’s quite clear that Nagy is a dead man walking. He cannot coach himself into keeping his job.

I really really really hope that the McCaskeys fire Pace as well. I hope that Pace doesn’t get to keep his job for deciding to fire Nagy.