2021-22 English Premier League discussion

It’s possible they could delay the final weekend until all postponed matches can be played. How many weeks? Champions League final is the weekend after the Final Day. FA Cup final is the week before the final day, so those two teams will squeeze another match in somewhere. If it’s TOT, that will be rough. And, TOT should win outright or lose these FA Cup matches. A draw means a replay.

1 Like

FA has scrapped replays for the third and fourth rounds.

Really? I saw they had them for the second round.

Ah: four hours ago.

That does make for extra room when those would have been held.

TOT’s schedule just opened up a little more.

1 Like

Very sensible decision by the FA :+1:

Looking at 538’s league predictions, looks like the EPL is more up for grabs than the other Euro Domestic leagues.

Their lower leagues are even more up for grabs.

Well, not so much anymore.
MCI up to 85% winning the EPL. Looked a little sluggish v ARS, until Gabriel of ARS got his second yellow.
Meanwhile #2 and #3 draw, the best result for MCI.

So TOT-ARS play on Sunday in a key battle for 4th/5th place in the EPL. Hoping that Arsenal wears itself out beforehand against the Reds in the EFL semi and that Spurs save their energy against a much better Chelsea side tomorrow given they have a 2 goal deficit to overcome.

Damn USA Channel’s schedule is not showing the correct time of today’s match, so I had to record “NCIS” for three extra hours.
Then, this weekend MCI has the early slot, which was almost always shown on NBCSN (RIP), but it’s on Freakin’ Peacock!! GIMME MY SIX MATCHES PER WEEKEND!!!

Spoiler for Leicester v Tottenham:

Summary

Per Opta: Tottenham have beaten Leicester despite trailing after 94 minutes and 52 seconds, overtaking Manchester City 3-2 QPR in May 2012 (91:14) as the latest a team has been losing but gone on to win in a Premier League match.

Also:
94’—Steven Bergwijn booked
95’—Steven Bergwijn scores the equalizer
97’—Steven Bergwijn scores the winner

Haven’t watched yet! Not gonna read that until later.

Just watched the highlights: wow! Won’t say anything more here until after DTNF watches the game.

1 Like

Really good match!
Back and forth, non-stop, comeback similar to, but not as noteworthy as, 2012!

I highly recommend that folks watch Bergwijn’s two injury time goals on a highlight video. Dramatic. Keeps Spurs close to 4th place.

Nice that afterward on my recording was the final 20 minutes of the BRE-MUN match. Thought that MUN would have a classic meltdown, but they actually scored more goals in that time.

Cyle Larin likely to move to West Ham from Besiktas.

Sargent gets a brace as Norwich climb out of the moon door.

Only four points separate the 5 teams vying for 4th place. That is the interesting race this year.

…with the bottom 3 having at least a game in hand versus the team in 4th.