2020, er, 2021 Euro's

That first goal was sooo good and then two OG… well at least they made history

The real thing psychologists should be studying is England fans’ ability to continuously be surprised by underwhelming performance

Ukraine flirting with elimination - current scores would have them finish on 3 points with GD of -1.

What a game

1 Like

So of the 3rd placed teams, Switzerland is through, Ukraine is hanging on by a fingernail and Finland is hanging on by a broken fingernail.

1 Like

As a supporter of Wales I’m a little scared tbh

Why Wales (just curious)?
Bale is the only player I can name off the top of my head. I’m sure I know some others though.

I’m nearly 1/3 Welsh in terms of heritage

Aaron Ramsey is the other notable player

“I believe the Welsh have a term for it…”

Well a happy Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch to you then! (I know that context makes no sense, but it’s the only Welsh word I’m familiar with).

1 Like

I did start learning a little bit of Welsh at the start of COVID which is kind of fun because of the different letter sounds.

My grandmother speaks some Welsh but her family were all listed as fluent Welsh on census forms

My college roommate dated a Welshwoman for awhile who spoke it fluently. It really is a tremendously unique sounding language.

Agreed, amazing that it’s so geographically close to English. Honestly I eventually got bored of learning it because I wouldn’t really have anyone to talk to except my wife who likes learning languages and so was doing it too or if we tried to find some distant cousins in Wales.

Have had a bit more success practicing Italian because my wife’s family is Italian so there’s more prospect of using it haha.

They need 2 3rd place teams to finish below them at this point which seems possible but who knows. Finland is already one of those teams. Ukraine needs one of the following to happen and Finland need 2 to happen:

Group D: Scotland/Croatia draw.
Group E: Spain/Slovakia match does not end in a draw AND Poland lose/draw to Sweden. (In Finland’s case the Spain match cannot end in a draw OR a 1 goal Spain win).
Group F: Portugal lose to France by 3 or more goals (Or in Finland’s case 4 or more goals).

1 Like

A lot better so far today but tough to tell if Czech is not half bad or if our Defense is a bit spotty

Was nice to see Croatia’s 2nd actually be a pass for a lovely strike as opposed to the ball plopping around the box just to fall at someone’s feet.

Czech potentially in a precarious position it looks, GD is tight between them and Croatia as it currently stands

Peeve: ESPN schedules the game’s start on TV 30 minutes before the game starts in real life. It’s nice that it’s a sure 30 minutes, because I just skip 30 minutes, but still, poor show. Probably do that with La Liga next year.

So Croatia and Czechs are both through to the next round with Croatia getting second on goals scored superiority? England will have tough next round.

Yes, France Germany or Portugal I think, depending on what happens tomorrow.