2020-21 NBA Thread

So push back against BLM? Because I can totally believe that.

If you were referring to Trump, he came on the scene in 2017. You would have though there would have been much more before now.

Mavericks Clippers series is crazy. It’s the road Warriors going 5-0. Can the Clips win G6 in big D and return for a G7 home court disadvantage?

So the finals team from the west will be a team that has never won before. And the east team won’t have won in at least 38 years. So not a lot of fans of those teams here? Or is it just not very exciting overall?

I’m excited about the Hawks, but this thread has been pretty quiet so I haven’t posted about them. The national media was totally on the Knicks bandwagon. What the Hawks pulled off in MSG was pretty damned impressive. If the Hawks win tonight, stick a fork in Philly. However, I think this will likely be a hard fought 6-7 game series.

Well, it’s the NBA. It’s not an exciting game. Period. Dot.
And I’m not sure how it can be made more exciting.
I watched the LAL-GSW play-in game. There was this one moment when it was exciting. But that was it. That was a lot of time wasted for one moment that might never happen.

It would be nice to see Chris Paul get a ring before (so many of !) his former bandwagon-y teammates on the Nets, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

It has been nice go see the yungns like Trae Young get known

Hawks looked awful yesterday. They just got beat up, and no I’m not blaming the refs. Certainly losing Hunter for the season hurt their D, but yesterday’s performance was just poor all around.

Lots of young star power has entered the league with Doncic, Tatum, Young, Booker, Mitchell, Simmons, Morant all 25 of under.

On my TV screen the side logo in Denver looks like MILF HIGH BASKETBALL

Beginning to think this years champion is going to be the team that loses the fewest players to injury.

2 Likes

Now Kawhi and CP3 are out. CP3 is expected back, probably by next round. Good thing the Sun’s swept? Kawhi might be done for the season.

I might have been more prescient than I expected.

Hawks came back from the dead. If you turned it off, switch back now!

2 Likes

Quite the 4th quarter

With 2:10 left in the 3rd quarter sixers were up 24 and 99.7% to win per ESPN sportscenter

How does that compare to yesterday’s nets bucks game?

I liked this comparison someone posted on FB.

1 Like

Well, they simply took all games (since?) with 24-point leads at that moment, and only 0.3% of those trailing won.
ATL was one of those teams. This result is now in the database, and maybe it’s 99.6% for the leaders. Good on ATL.
This shit (i.e., awesome comebacks) seems to happen a lot in the NBA, especially playoffs, where teams are much better. Guessing a lot of the 3rdQ blowouts were good teams versus poor teams in the regular season.
So, does that “Win probability” include a factor for how good ATL is? Yes, PHI is good, but two good/great teams would make the WP a little more volatile.

Where was James Harden in the 4th quarter and OT of G7. I mean I saw him on the court but he hardly touched the ball. OT looked the Nets decided having Durant go 1-5 and scramble for offensive rebounds was their best chance to win.

How did Trae Young not make any of the top three all nba teams?