2020-21 English Premier League discussion

ManU doesn’t try to win road games against big teams anymore. They concede 60%+ possession and counter only. They are now Leicester.

Now that Liverpool is through the tough part of the schedule that included Newcastle, Southampton, West Brom and Burnley, we can get back to the easier games like Spurs. Now the rise up the table can begin!

Table is finally corrected.

Bobby!

Mane has been assaulting the goal with shots, good one got in

That was a fine match.

What about this guy in the minors coming to LIV?

MUN, that’s how you beat the worst team in the league.
Just barely. That’s how.

Mountain Hawk starting the qualifying game. People in this thread should be interested. Check it out.

Seems like viv and wat never made it here

Another demolition of SOU, this time by last-place-losing MUN. (Good news: WBA also gets that moniker.)
The moon door seems pretty settled on FUL, WBA, and SHU, as BHA is seven points safe in 17th.

I thought that foul on Martial was non-existent. There was contact, sure, but Martial looked to be falling before the contact and dragging his leg hoping for a foul.

C’mon Dr T, you have to join in the Mountain Hawk WC Qualifying game…you too Cookie

I might not even be alive in 2022!!

I checked the rules, and I’m not sure what I, as a participant, am supposed to actually do. Yes, I’m reading them. Comprehending them? Well, that’s on me and my third grade teacher.

So, guess the score of each team in each match? Does closeness count, or do we get points only for matching exactly?

You predict score and winner of each game. Points awarded for that game are scored based on who was the favorite and the outcome of game, Nailing the score is a benefit.

1 Like

OK.
But there is an additional thing about MH’s creating the Group Results based on the predictions. So, how many matches do we need to predict at one time? All of them? By when?
And what about CONMEBOL, which has already started?

I’m guessing all of this is answered there, so I’ll try reading again.

MEOWWWWW! Cat fight brewing for LIV-MCI.

Big match is over, now time to watch some boring game.

LIV just not themselves right now.
Seems every team has gone through it this year. There have been nine different teams in first place so far this year. Most ever in one season of EPL.
In the prior six seasons COMBINED, there had been nine different teams atop the league.

Liverpool has lost the best CB in the world along with their other 2 primary starters (Gomez, Matip). They moved Fabinho back which was reasonable although it cost them a great holding MF. He’s out putting Hendo in the back. Hendo is NOT a CB. Losing 3 CBs and moving 2 MFs back and then losing them has been awful. Thiago does not fit in. He may have been a great player, but he is not the guy for THIS team. They can’t move forward since the backline is too vulnerable. It’s awful to watch. In addition, subbing Origi and Shaqiri is awful. Jota provided something.

I would have preferred just playing Williams or Phillips in the back since they are CBs and keeping Hendo and Fabinho in the MF. Getting healthy would be like spending $200M in the market. They need a MF to go with the kid and Fabinho next year.

1 Like

WBA-BHA had a crazy situation, in which a referee disallowed, then allowed, then after VAR disallowed a goal directly from a free kick.
Question I have is, “Did the referee remind the kicker not to kick until he blows the whistle?” Because, yes, he has to remind them if he marks off 10 yards from the spot of the kick, Otherwise they’ll kick it before the ref is ready and before the defense is told of their proper place with the shaving cream line.
Now, I’m going to go back to see if he asked them to wait.

A player asked if he could kick, then kicked it. That is not the proper procedure in this case.