20 Questions Game8

Do you use it for cleaning?

I think the numbering is messed up. 14 is both cooking/food prep and is it alive.

He’s also already answered the cleaning question. (no)

Maybe it could be something decorative, but for OP to give us the definition of a tool makes me think it couldn’t be.

It can’t be any type of cooking utensil that measures, times, or cooks as those are used for food prep

Can’t be any type of cleaner or item used to clean.

Maybe we should try and target the item’s function, or what it’s made of to narrow it down.

1. Kerfluffles Is it edible? No
  2. Kerfluffles Is it something you would find in a household? Yes
  3. YankeeTripper Is it bigger than a bread box? No
  4. twig Does it use electricity? No
  5. YankeeTripper Is it a tool of some kind? No 1*
  6. soy Is it a toy? No
  7. Kerfluffles Is it mainly found in the living room? No
  8. Celalta Is it an article of clothing? No
  9. Lucy Is it used for entertainment? No
  10. YT Is it commonly used in the bathroom? No
  11. Kat Would an individual travel with it? No
  12. YT is it a common kitchen item? Yes…ish 2*
  13. Kat Is it primarily made of metal? No
  14. Lucy Is it used for cooking/food prep No
  15. Lucy Is it used for cleaning? No
  16. Lucy Is it alive? No

1* according to this definition for a tool: a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.
2* ranked by likely places of appearance based on MY experience.

Yeah not sure what happened there.

Fixed it.
Crap ya’ll only have 4 guesses left…

could still be

or something (small) that’s decorative.
or study material. I was thinking that “entertainment” ruled out books, but there are non-entertaining books. Of course, I suppose no one uses hard-copy study materials these days.

It’s something that is often in John’s kitchen that might not be kept in the kitchen in another household, though.

Should we ask about if it is decorative or is it consumable? Not many questions left

Decorative could work.

Consumable can be interpreted different ways (I think of edible). May want to use better definition… is it something that is replaced perodically.

Well cigarettes is one speculation, not edible but consumable. Sort of an odd outlier I guess.

did not think it’ll be this hard :open_mouth:

I think a tea towel or a napkin is still used for cleaning. Not heavy-duty cleaning, but cleaning nonetheless.

It sounds like it is often found outside of the kitchen, but less than 50% based on John.S.Mill’s experience.

It’s also on the edge of maybe being a tool, but not being a tool.

Maybe a vase or a flower pot? (Not official)

ETA: What about a pitcher? Would often be in the dining room, but often in the kitchen. Not exactly a tool.

Watering can is more likely to be considered a tool, but still kind of iffy and could maybe go either way.

Yeah we need to not ask “edible” and start with “consumable”. If yes, THEN we ask “edible”.

Edible is too specific to ask unless we know it’s consumable.

Going forward, of course.

Because lots of things are consumable but not edible. Beverages, candles, toiletries, etc.

Ooh, have we ruled out candles?

Well, candles and cigarettes share the feature that you light them on fire. :wink:

What about something related to first aid or emergencies… I think majority households keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, but some have them underneath the bathroom sink.

1 Like

If say a fire extinguisher is bigger than a bread box so that’s probably out

I’d also call it a tool, although I suppose it’s on the edge.

First aid kit is an interesting idea.

There exist fire extinguishers smaller than a breadbox, but most are bigger and there were no clarifications or “usually/sometimes” language around that question.

I was thinking of one of those dining table center pieces - like a vase or flower pot like twig mentioned.