20 Questions Game1

Doorknob? Not official.

Maybe we could try to narrow down the room it is used in most often. Maybe get a better size metric than a bread box. Maybe see if it is gender specific.

2 Likes

Hmm… This was not as helpful as I had hoped. For example, a pair of shoes spends the majority of their life in a residence, but its " normal " for them to leave the house. On the other hand, a pillow may leave the residence, but it would be abnormal circumstances.

So, as interpreted, the answer doesn’t rule out clothes or jewelry.

Narrowing down the room seems like a good idea. I wonder if asking about where it is stored normally would be more informative than used. Since kitchen is excluded, bedroom, bathroom, and garage (?) Seem like good options. Scratch bathroom since most of that would be grooming…

What about closet? Clothes closet, coat closet.

Could be gloves/hat/scarf.

I feel like asking if it’s primary purpose is to be worn might be worthwhile if we think that clothing/jewelry/accessories is on the table.

But if it’s used daily, that would knock out most clothing. I “use” underwear every day, but any given pair gets used far less frequently.

Even a wristwatch would vary depending on the person, but perhaps… gah! Maybe not clothing then…

Pillow gets used daily and no electricity but doesn’t fit in a bread box. Pillowcase?

Towel is arguably part of grooming.

Pillowcase or wristwatch both maybe fit. Or wedding/engagement ring. Glasses for a lot of people.

Doorknob, towel rack both seem to fit. Mirror possibly, but usually bigger than a bread box.

Ok, since everyone else has given up on this thread… does this object have anything to do with a pet?

1 - (NumericalNeuroticism) Is it bigger than a breadbox? No
2 - (JFG) Is it (commonly accepted to be) edible/ingestible? No
3 - (P_Utonium) Does it use electricity? No
4 - (JFG) Is it used for entertainment purposes? No
5 - (twig93) Is it related to a reasonably well-known holiday? No
6 - (A-Student) Is it usually found within a residence? Yes
7 - (twig93) Is it usually found in the kitchen? No
8 - (John.S.Mill) Is it a solid? Yes
9 - (JFG) Is it typically used daily? Yes
10 - (Kerfluffles) Is this an item you would use to groom yourself? No
11 - (A_Student) Does this object stay within the residence under normal circumstances? Yes *
12 - (twig93) Does this object have anything to do with a pet? No

*I am interpreting this question as "Does the object spend the majority of it’s “life” inside the residence

Does the item typically remain in the same location within the residence?

11 - (A_Student) Does this object stay within the residence under normal circumstances? Yes *
13 - (JFG) Does the item typically remain in the same location within the residence? No

*I am interpreting this question as "Does the object spend the majority of it’s “life” inside the residence

Hmmm…

This is difficult… I’m walking around my apartment trying to figure out what may move from room to room.

A coaster may go from the living room, to office, to bedroom if you don’t have them in each room already.
Slippers may fit into the description as they don’t leave the home unless you travel with them. NOT AN OFFICIAL QUESTION - maybe see if this is something that is worn?

Slippers is also what I was coming up with, but we don’t have a single pair in our house, so I wasn’t sure if that fit with daily use (although obviously it does for some people).

Is it something a person wears/puts on him/herself?

Oh it’s asked.

13 - (JFG) Does the item typically remain in the same location within the residence? No
14 - (John.S.Mill) Is it something a person wears/puts on him/herself? Yes

Hell yeah, and the answer is yes. I think it might be slippers.

I probably screwed up with question #11. It is not abnormal for the object to be found outside of the residence. If you were to pick a random time in a 24 hour period, it is more likely than not to be found inside the residence (at least for me - your results may vary).

I kept trying to parse that question different ways and psyched myself out on it. Should have gone with a “No” and been done with it.

Could also be shoes, watch, glasses/contacts/sunglasses, wallet (maybe?) purse.

I’m assuming it’s not something like a shirt or underwear since, even though we wear these things most days… any given shirt would not be worn daily.

Even shoes that would be pretty iffy on the daily use thing.

I’m leaning towards glasses.