20 Questions Game 19

1. (Kat987) Is it alive? No
  2. (Lucy) Is it bigger than a breadbox? No
  3. (YankeeTripper) Is it mobile? No (3)
  4. (Lucy) Is it commonly found in a home? Yes (4)
  5. (Twig) Does it use electricity? No
  6. (JSM) Is it smaller than an orange? Not usually
  7. (Twig) Do the majority of homes in North America have this item? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it something you might intentionally eat or drink? Yes
  9. (Kat987) Does this item require multiple ingredients to make? Yes
  10. (JSM) Do white people commonly eat/drink this? No (10)

3 Such that a person/car/animal is mobile, but an ASM Study Manual is not mobile
4 Using the Given we are talking about item prior, would it be common to find it in a home definition
10 I answered this the following way: If I asked a random white person if they commonly ate/drank this, would more than 30% of randomly asked white people answer this question with a yes?

Unofficial: Do you all think we should pinpoint if it’s food or if it’s a beverage? Or maybe when it would be consumed (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)?

Or maybe if it’s sweet or savory. So many possibilities

i didn’t like my last question. tempted to ask if the average white person knows what this tastes like

Maybe its a Mayan recipe :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Savory roast guinea pig? (Not official)

I know that’s Incan. Is it Mayan too? (Unofficial :wink: )

That dish is most definitely not Mayan. Though old Mayan ladies make the best homemade tortillas I have ever had.

1 Like

Oops, sorry.

I prefer asking food or drink first. Of course, we can’t ask that. And there’s some small chance it’s neither but something else consumed, like medicine, although the size makes that pretty unlikely. I think ask if it’s a food item? But this is tricky, so looking for another vote.

Is it a beverage?

11. (Twig) is it a beverage? No

3 Such that a person/car/animal is mobile, but an ASM Study Manual is not mobile
4 Using the Given we are talking about item prior, would it be common to find it in a home definition
10 I answered this the following way: If I asked a random white person if they commonly ate/drank this, would more than 30% of randomly asked white people answer this question with a yes?

Is it a type of food that your expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten?

not sure how I would personally answer that. Almost everyone I know knows what pho is. But I had some pretty white coworkers who only eat burgers for lunch and they’ve never even heard of pho.

12. (Lucy) is it a type of food that you’d expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten? Yes

food that requires multiple ingredients that is close to the size of an orange. probably a burger.

I think white people commonly eat burgers though.

If this item is on a restaurant’s menu, would we see it listed for dinner?

Yeah, I can’t remember the last time I ate a burger, but if you asked me if I commonly ate it, I’d probably say “yes”.

I’m guessing it’s something considered “ethnic” that’s pretty common. But not quite as common as tacos, which white people eat as fast food.

12. (Lucy) is it a type of food that you’d expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten? Yes
  13. (Kat).If this item is on a restaurant’s menu, would we see it listed for dinner? Yes