Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.57.40 AM

4 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl:

I needed that laugh.

1 Like

oops. I posted it to the wrong thread. Oh well, Imajus gon leave it there.

2 Likes

It made it better because I wasn’t expecting it. My BIL and I often don’t see eye to eye but we somehow started texting each other funny memes, many of which I get from here. I’ll be sending him this one.

And back to our regularly scheduled vaccination discussion.

3 Likes

There, fixed it.

3 Likes

Well that certainly made the meme apt for the thread, but it also changed it from :joy: to :cry:.

But fitting of the biting off the head sentiment.

1 Like

From 1918, still relevant

2 Likes

What about that “gargle with salt water” part? Is there any truth to that? (Serious question.)

It sure helps if you have a cold. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It will make a sore throat feel better. Beyond that, not much.

1 Like

Salt water is mildly antiseptic, which was no doubt the reason for the advice 100 years ago.

I think they’ve since decided that its antiseptic properties are too mild to make a material difference and may provide a false sense of security.

It certainly doesn’t hurt though. And salt water can thin out mucous, which can certainly ease a sore throat (since mucous is hugely irritating to throats). But I think the reason it was advised during that pandemic was for the antiseptic properties, not the mucous-thinning properties.

1 Like

I think it’s also fair to say that how much good a salt water gargle does is a topic about which there is not universal agreement.

I know people who gargle salt water prophylactically even when there’s not a pandemic and swear by it.

Healthline says “yes” (to “respiratory infections”)

MIT says “no” (to Covid/SARS/MERS and others)
https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/06/will-gargling-wash-virus-away

I think the key here is “mildly” antiseptic. I chalk it up as something that can’t hurt and might help. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I gargle bayer aspirin in warm water for a sore throat. The disintegrating kind.

Laughing and crying are two different sides of the same coin.

1 Like

6 Likes

Right? I love when the people who believe all the conspiracy theories call everyone else “sheep”.

1 Like

I used to dress exactly opposite to what was fashionable because I didn’t like the concept of dressing fashionably until someone pointed out to me that in doing so, fashion was dictating what I was wearing.

1 Like