Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

What have the Romans ever done for us!?

Brought peace?

Oh shut up!

1 Like

Careful there. Someone might not get the reference and hide your comment 'cause Romans might get offended.

1 Like

Because the 3 companies want you to stick with their vaccine, not use the other ones so no one has paid for the research neccasary. I think most knowledgeable people would theorize that taking 2 different ones would be a more robust immunity. I also know for a fact that the JNJ creates a different type of immune response than the other 2 and they are both quite similar. I would theorize based on that that taking JNJ and one of the other 2 would probably create a fairly dynamic immune response in the same way that getting vaccinated and having a prior Covid infection creates more immunity than either of them by their self.

1 Like

Especially the bit in the stadium about Stan

ah, but we might not be allowed to, and people who aren’t knowledgeable (i.e. most people, including me) would probably just stick with what they are told to do.

Unvacinated ~5 times as likely to catch COVID and ~29 times more likely to be hospitalized. (Data post Delta becoming dominant strain)

3 Likes

I like the age brackets, but where are the denominators? I want some population values for these groups. I think the title is a little misleading, in that it’s 5 times less likely to get covid, and 6 times less likely to be hospitalized given that you get covid. Maybe I’m nitpicky but I feel like it’s good to separate the two. Either way, 6x lower hospitalization given that you get COVID is way higher than the non-age adjusted 2x from the NYC study pre-delta. (And I think there was an Israeli study that showed only 1x pre delta).

I feel like this is good news for vaccines and makes me a little more at ease in the delta world right now.

1 Like

I’m not sure I think it’s buried in one of the footnote links but since this is LA county data -
Roughly 10M population with ~64% vaccination rate.
So ~6.4M vaccinated and ~3.6M unvaccinated
10K case out of 6.4M = ~1.56%
30K case out of 3.6M = ~8.3%
5.3 times so I’m probably off by rounding on population or vaccination rate since they say 4.9 times.

1 Like

One drawback of the JNJ that I heard on NPR a while back is that I think over time your immune system become too efficient at attacking the carrier virus that it may not be able to effectively deliver the instructions (microchips)

Except there wasn’t anything offensive about his quote. :woman_shrugging:

Psst…

that was a joke. (and maybe a reference? If so, RNN :woman_shrugging:)

New large-scale (largest to date) pre-print based on Israel Delta data confirms the above, but with strict “<” in the middle. Single jab after recovery showed slight (not statistically significant) benefit.

naïve << jabbed < recovered <= recovered+single-jab = recovered+double-jabbed

@Actuary321 Mr Contact, thought you might be interested.

1 Like

Naw, he’s still upset that a wildly offensive thing he posted that happened to be a reference got reported and hidden

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 9.57.40 AM

4 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl:

I needed that laugh.

1 Like

oops. I posted it to the wrong thread. Oh well, Imajus gon leave it there.

2 Likes

It made it better because I wasn’t expecting it. My BIL and I often don’t see eye to eye but we somehow started texting each other funny memes, many of which I get from here. I’ll be sending him this one.

And back to our regularly scheduled vaccination discussion.

3 Likes

There, fixed it.

3 Likes