Will Smith

Drama people gotta drama. If it were an actunerd, I’d agree, but people who spend their lives acting always act like they’re on stage.

Peace, Love, and Jomboy Media. I woke up, saw the controversy, watched the replay, and thank goodness Jomboy already did a breakdown.

Black on black violence. The media doesn’t care.

If it was a white guy who hit Chris Rock, NYT, LAT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC would have 24/7 coverage.

1 Like
1 Like

It was quite obviously real. If this were on April 1st I’d probably think otherwise.

No, that’s an overreaction. Cancel culture is sooooo over the top. Does Will need to do better? Yes. Does he need to apologize and atone for him mistake? Yes. Does his entire career need to end because of something he did out of heated emotion centered around his wife? Ehhhhh…

I have the exact opposite reaction. Chris Rock “joke” is ableist and misogynistic, and honestly it’s refreshing to see someone emphatically slap that nonsense down instead of letting it just slide by because it’s “just a joke”.

1 Like

Also a bad take. Cowardly slap was not a good move for a bad joke.

uh, this is the biggest news this morning. everyone cares.

i doubt it would be 24/7 coverage regardless of the race of the people though. it’s celebrities being dicks. it’s not important news regardless of their race.

It’s cancel culture on both sides. Will Smith trying to cancel Chris, and the world trying to cancel Will.

disagree. it was definitely a tasteless joke, but assaulting someone over it makes will smith the bad guy. assault is a crime. telling a tasteless joke is not.

2 Likes

I’m not in tune with cancel culture, but… I’m not seeing the liberals rising up to protect health joke makers from bully slappers.

The joke was in poor taste. Would Chris Rock made the same joke if Jada was bald from chemotherapy? Probably not, so unsure why he thought joking about her baldness due to another medical condition was okay.

2 Likes

eh, watch more comedy central, insult comedy, and roasts.

Cancer jokes are made all the time. As are jokes on rape, death, incest, the list goes on.

1 Like

Probably not Chris because he seems like a genuine nice guy. I’d fully expect Joan Rivers to make a cancer joke about someone on chemo

Joan Rivers also used to make plastic surgery jokes about herself. I love comics who roast themselves.

We need to stop treating physical violence as the only form of violence. What Chris Rock did has far more lasting impact to women impacted by alopecia or other diseases that impact their appearance in ways that society deems “less than feminine” that anything Will Smith did.

1 Like

He made a tasteless joke directly out of nowhere to someone in attendance at an awards ceremony.

I mean, you can argue whether it’s right or wrong, I just don’t think it’s gonna instill outrage like rape.

Best comedy is self roasting or punching up. Punching down is often sad.

3 Likes