Why would anyone buy the more expensive milk?

Why not just drink water?

It’s like Bud Light – I don’t get the point. Just drink water.

THAT’S WHAT I WAS THINKING

although, mixing protein powder with water sounds super gross, which I did for a while

I now use whole milk

I guess if I want to cut calories, I have to make my meals smaller

Drink water.

Eat hard-boiled eggs.

1 Like

1 Like

We had to settle on 1% to not have several different jugs.

I’ll drink 2% if i can’t get whole. Below that, i drink water or juice or something.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a complete list! But they might not be. It’s not every luxury brand.

Water in breakfast cereal??? :unamused:

Bud Light in breakfast cereal??? :thinking:

2 Likes

Go buy some lumber with your dollars.

Agree and same.

I buy 1%… it’s nice to have a little fat in the milk.

But if I order coffee from a barista then I ask for skim milk. I don’t taste the fat in the coffee, so no point in consuming calories that I’m not enjoying.

But 1% is more versatile for home use.

Because… skim milk and water taste different? Especially when added to coffee!

1 Like

Mmmm. I mostly drink whole milk, and that’s what I put in my breakfast cereal. But if I can’t get at least half&half, I drink the coffee black. The butterfat is the whole point. Rich creamy butterfat is sooooo good in coffee.

It’s true that the milk proteins bind some of the bitter elements in coffee and tea, and I suppose that’s why people put skim milk in those. But my goal isn’t just to hide the off-tastes of the coffee, but to enjoy the buttery goodness of milk in my beverage.

1 Like

Ugh… opposite. I strongly dislike fat in my coffee. I prefer skim milk in coffee but tolerate 1%.

Possibly relevant is that I drink iced coffee almost exclusively.

Even if it’s the dead of winter. Unless I am going to be standing outside for > 30 minutes. And even then I’d most likely order a hot coffee, hold it in my hands to warm my hands until it cooled off and then drink it cold.

It does confuse baristas when I order an iced coffee in sub-zero temperatures… I realize that I am the oddball for having this preference. :woman_shrugging:

Himalayan butter coffee was a thing for the keto people. :man_shrugging:

@meep: Yo, meepie!!! Should I add Bud Light to my coffee??? :thinking:

Ya know what is totally awesome??? Bailey’s and espresso!!! Soooooo gooooooooood!!! :yum:

1 Like

:confused:

1 Like

Well, I guess I mean I don’t taste it as a good thing. I can usually tell it’s there… but not in a good way.

I have sent coffee back because I could tell they used whole milk instead of skim.

I agree that I didn’t word the earlier post well, though.

Make it yourself, with the cheeses you like (or the ones Martha Stewart likes).

We used to buy the 12-pack from Costco, for the kids to make, but I don’t think I’ve had any of that in, maybe 20 years or so.