Why doesn't the United States just break up?

IFYP

Honestly, we donā€™t need a different structure for American. We need Americans to be better. We are in the position we are currently in not because of Trump, but because Americans are gullible enough to fall for someone like Trump.

The Republican Party is bad. We need a populous that is not drawn to garbage like that. The fault is our own, and weā€™re getting the government we deserve. Hell, even if some place like California was independent, can it survive long-term when a third of its population is like ā€œYou know who I like? Donald Fucking Trump.ā€?

well yes, but why do americans suck so much then? it does not seem fixable to me.

Hereā€™s the solution, the nonviolent one. (I have a handful of violent ones but they are high risk so Iā€™d rather not go there.)

1. Clearly state the needs and positions. The facts describe an America where inequality is the norm to the extent that most, if not nearly all, Americans can feel it. (Yes, that makes sense.) The power of AOC and the squad is how clearly they state their positions. It drives fear in their opponents.
  2. Get human beings out among the disregarded in the rural communities. Rural republicans regularly vote against their own interests because no one else acknowledges them. They need people to hold their hands and feel with them.
  3. Be patient. Local, grassroots takes time. Use small steps. Work past setbacks. Keep empowering the local as they move toward their self interests they will move away from those that are destroying (sucking the life blood out of) America.

At the local level everyone cares about their local environment, their local community. That is the leverage to get them thinking about the future rather than wallowing in the past that should have been.

Why not give the people in western NY or eastern OR the option of joining the red states?

I think ā€œjust moveā€ has caused real problems. Something about the Muslims and the Hindus splitting up in India comes to mind.

well, most countries have borders based on geography, but alaska and hawaii are part of the US, so i guess it doesnā€™t have to be that way.

Youā€™re absolutely right. The conservatives and Republicans arenā€™t going away. So how do you minimize their influence on your life??? At the risk of constantly repeating myself, reduce the size, scope and reach of the federal government.

Would you care so much about DJT, his ā€œgullibleā€ supporters and his influence if the federal government was smaller in size, scope and reach?

My theory is that, because our cultural DNA traces back to the Pilgrims, who left England because people were telling them what to do, we have a deeply ingrained feeling that no one can tell us that our beliefs are wrong. Once the Fox Newsā€™s of the world were able to weaponize this for political power (and target the very religious, you will notice), it was all downhill from there.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t care if I could stop paying taxes to the federal government. thatā€™s only happening if we just split up.

idk maybe? i have no ties to the pilgrims. my ancestors were jews in eastern europe escaping what was going to turn into the holocaust. :woman_shrugging:

Itā€™s a fine idea. However, Republicans consistently are the ones who increase both the amount of federal spending and the federal deficit, compared to Democrats. When Republicans are in power, they donā€™t seem interested in shrinking the government. And worse, they donā€™t seem interested in doing things that the federal government should do, like lead during a global pandemic.

1 Like

Iā€™ve pretty much always been less concerned about the fact that Trump is President than I am by the fact that so many people voted for him. Those people, and their continued radicalization, concerns me more than he does. Iā€™m also concerned that there are way too many of them in my state.

1 Like

Americans suck because if marketing, a driving force within our society/economy. Most people donā€™t think, they feel. They let others think for them about most things. The other people are marketers. Controling the nature of marketing will free the American people.

I wonder how many of the people who voted for Trump were the type to attend a Trump rally and actually supported him vs. they didnā€™t want to vote for the Democrat vs. they wanted to vote Republican but didnā€™t particularly like Trump but were willing to hold their nose and do it anyway.

Enough of them voted for him in the primary to worry me, even if there were a significant number who held their nose in the general.

Unfortunately, I think that ship has left the harbor.

When organizations have more and more data on us, and we freely give it to them by adding more and more apps to our smart phones, they have more and more ability to tailor their message and easily manipulate us. 50% of the populace have below average ability to ā€œthinkā€ and not ā€œfeelā€.

Both are equally as bad. One group unquestioningly follows the word of The Leader. The second group unquestioningly follows the word of The Party.

What do people who hold their nose think the the Republican Party is going to do better than the Democratic Party? I ask this question a lot, and it is either vague nonsense (ā€œThey will put America first! I hate communism!ā€) or it is something the Democrats are better at (ā€œI want fiscal conservatism! And while I hate communism, farmers need direct payments!ā€)

Nope. People are ignorant not dumb. You can educate most of them, it just takes work and a message that doesnā€™t scare them.

many people who support trump have done their research to illustrate that covid is no big deal, and the election was stolen from trump, and the dems are all sheep.

thatā€™s what gets me. they are intelligent and well spoken. itā€™s just that what they say is so wrong!!! they are so damn arrogant in their beliefs.

What do you mean when you say ā€œdone their researchā€? Because, in my experience, I see a lot of just nonsense copy and pasted on FB.

1 Like