Why does the military have a code of honor?

BTW, in the present day, the service academies and senior military colleges have a “Code of Conduct” statement.

Great. Still doesn’t counter my statement.

Your statement was one that the acceptance rate was “decreased” due to the “presence” of poor people applying is increasing the denominator. Zero proof apart from what you’re stating.

Wanting a college education without having “personal money” and defaulting to applying to service academy because “free!” is very disingenuous to the recognition of GI Bill is just as free and far more accessible and offers a far broader options for the college education (including ivy league schools) than the process to going to any of the service academies.

You’re right, I didn’t provide any proof. But in order to effectively counter my argument, you have to show that the denominator is 1. not significantly bigger than those applying to Harvard, 2. Even if significantly larger, is not composed of mostly poor people proportionally.

Or you can simply say that I don’t have proof to justify this, which I’ll accept as a logical/adequate counter.

Everything else you and twig said had no relevance to my statement.