Who here has been asked by their boss in the first few meetings with them, when their family came to the US?

Yes, lots of Muslims in the north of India, they weren’t all segregated into Pakistan and Bangladesh. Also parts of Eastern Europe, North Africa, and Indonesia.

Maybe his original name was Cassius

My wife is Muslim, but she’s Chinese and looks like a normal Chinese person. Most westerners would never even guess.

I assume you mean Han Chinese, as there are over 50 ethnicities in China. A lot of western Chinese (Xinjiang, etc.) basically look eastern European.

She’s Hui so appearance wise they look just like Han except they don’t eat pork.

Pretty much every Hui I have encountered drinks a shit ton of Baijiu so at least the ones I know don’t do the no alcohol thing.

Hui I believe is predominantly Muslim.

In fact, I believe Islam is called Hui Jiao in Mandarin, Jiao being religion (technically “teaching”).

Hmm, how should I respond to these posts?
Very carefully.

1 Like

I like to say I got a disproportionate amount of my Welsh ancestry when talking about my need for sun screen… although when it’s weighted against English there’s not much helping