When do you complete your CE hours?

I have found I really don’t need to track it. Grading gets me some CE, webcasts paid for by my employer gets me a lot, and I can count on bias and professionalism from my employer and local actuarial clubs.

If you don’t track it, then what do you do if you get audited?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply I don’t track my CE. I do, and I use the SOA app for it. But I often will get behind on logging it this time of year - and I have found that I don’t need to worry about getting the hours. When I get caught up, right before I attest usually, I always have the hours I need and then some.

2 Likes

I’m going to go through the recorded sessions from SOAImpact and see if I can get some more structured hours.

I don’t need structured hours but I do need more. I did NOT get 14.4 hours from the Virtual meeting. Maybe if I had watched all the on demand sessions, which have little to do with my actual work. There were also 2 sessions I missed: one due to technical issues and one bc of a schedule conflict at the office. I do have a webinar I’ve signed up for but I’ve also blocked some time on my calendar to watch recorded sessions.

I need one more organized credit hour this year. Is there anything left?

I was busy and missed all the Nov meetings in local cities that I usually attend.

AAA usually has some.

CCA has a covid webinar tomorrow that is intended to be cross-discipline

https://www.ccactuaries.org/event-detail/2022/11/30/default-calendar/measuring-covid-severity-what-are-the-odds-and-ends-

And it looks like the AAA has 2 in December (one on capital markets and one on ethics)

thanks. might be pay to play from here on out. But that might be what I need to do for my last hour.

try to get it reimbursed!

I’ve met my structured hours requirement for the CIA rules, but I need a bunch of unstructured hours.

Gonna see if I can squeeze some more structured hours out of ImpAct2022.

1 Like