What's up with the ao?

oh, sure. That only makes sense for them, really.

So they’re gonna get rid of everything that made the AO fun pfffft

I saw attack ships off the shoulder of Political. I watched C-beams glitter out of anny’s eyes in the darkness of the reef. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.

1 Like

Their appeal is going to get more selective.

To get serious for a moment, 3 of my fave AO people have died in recent years: Carol Marler, Brad Gile, and Jeremy Gold. That’s a bigger blow to me than the classic AO dissolving into the mist.

I’m grabbing what I can from them… but I know I will miss stuff. I’m not doing this in any systematic way. I’ve got my own priorities.

1 Like

I think it’s also a safe bet that it will be useless for people taking exams.

2 Likes

I think it would be very sad to see JMO’s posts just vanish like that.

I really liked Carol and Brad. I didn’t really know Jeremy Gold. But I’ve lost a lot of relatives this year. I miss my MIL more than anyone on the ao. This has been a really shitty year.

I like to think I was sometimes helpful to exam takers, and I probably won’t be hanging out there. Multiply that by all the people like me and yeah, they will lose something. They may set up useful stuff, too, though. I suppose we’ll wait and see.

1 Like

If DW Simpson wants the ao to have a future, I think this is a bad move. Weren’t there other actuarial forums before the ao that were professional? professional is boring. I think without the NAT component, people will get bored and leave, especially when they are done with exams.

2 Likes

exactly, the whole point of the rebel form was to rebel against that

1 Like

So what you’re saying is we need a new rebel forum?

I second this! Many thanks to the AO mods!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

How AO rebels see themselves:

How AO rebels actually are, 20 years later:

1 Like

Well dang. Took me a week to get bored enough to figure out where all you ppl went. If no NAT the AO will die. Someone keep me in the loop on where the new NAT ends up.

1 Like

Keeping you in the loop

since DW Simpson gave the ao mods no information until Lucy contacted them, but also claimed they are going to have stricter moderation, is their plan to find new moderators? or do they assume they get to keep the current moderator staff while giving them zero information?

I wonder if they even know who the ao mods were. I left a message that said “I’m one of the moderators of the ao”, and Patty and I know each other slightly, in the way you probably know a lot of recruiters.

They probably don’t. They probably should have at least pm’d the ao moderators, which is a pretty easy thing to do, but they did not even bother with that.