What's the best schedule for mammograms to screen for breast cancer?

I for one am super happy that a thread about mammograms has turned into one about really weird anal sex, you guys.

1 Like

Because, that’s where you hide your drugs??
Asking for a friend.

why would you need two arms for that

Your colon must be kinkier than mine. :wink:. I found it a little crampy as they shoved the scope in, and pumped in air. But once they got it all the way in, it really wasn’t painful at all. And they do the exam as they pull it out. So I watched, and saw my innards. I thought it was neat.

Lots of drugs?

how much do you have…

today is prep day! mtn dew for breakfast. and then also for early lunch. the rest of the day’s planned ingestibles excite me less. apologies in advance for late afternoon hangry posts.

I made a batch of lime jello in preparation for prep day. Remember, gummy bears are a clear liquid. (just don’t eat the red ones.)

I think they let you have clear broth, do they not?

Good luck with the scoping!!! :+1:

They are still having trouble prying my last mammogram from the group that did it. I guess I’m glad it’s not just me that has trouble with that. Damn, I wish medical records were more portable.

In happier news, my spit-test came back, and I don’t have any of the scary mutations they tested for.

My 'scope went well. Single benign thing removed. Prep was deemed “excellent” in the write up. Given a 10 yr follow up.

3 Likes

Apparently the had trouble with mine too, but there was a report on my primary dr’s app that I was able to download and send. They received my test but no results yet.

The medical center where I get most of my care has 11 different patient portals. They all have different credentials and passwords and stuff. I’m not willing to figure out which one has the breast cancer results. All I know if that it’s not the one where my annual physical and related blood tests show up. (And that one doesn’t go back very far, I think they “refreshed” it or something, so maybe my mammogram just isn’t available at all.)

11 portals? How annoying! My doctor’s office is really good about including anything that is sent to them. I’ve only been going there a couple years, but I have a file of stuff from about a year before that. I don’t really need anything earlier.

Sone of them I could rule out just based on their names. One is for hospital stuff (I haven’t been hospitalized) and two are for geographically distinct segments of the practice. But yes, it’s enraging.

man, when I did my MRIs, I asked for discs each time, but I haven’t on the mammos. (yet)

And yeah, I need to schedule this year’s mammo. My ma & sisters won’t stop bugging me til I do

None of the patient portals I have ever seen are user friendly.

I just make a frickin phone call: “When is my next appointment? I’m sorry, I must have not put it in my calendar”

Stu has to check his stuff all the time, but it’s all the cancer care in one place. So that’s okay.

That’s actually what i finally did to tell the study people WHEN my last mammogram was. The only documentation i got was a piece of paper that said, “looks fine”, so i didn’t file it.

I JUST had mine in May so I was able to look at my calendar. Not sure if I kept the “you’re fine” letter but they wanted a report with specific info, and that’s what I got from the portal.

I have disks from the MRIs, too. But they show problems.