What is the last thing you bought?

A badge for the local public tennis courts!

A scale

A calculator.

A box of fancy chocolates. And some covid rapid tests.

(My husband did the grocery shopping this week.)

I bought a replacement power switch for my table saw.

Starbucks gift card.

Live shots of the purchase

2 Likes

Add this to your list:

1 Like

It seems to stay put until some humidity hits the carpet, then it all comes up from the pad.

My wifeā€™s car off the end of lease

1 Like

Curious, and I wonder if you can share some not-too-specific details.

What was the advantage of doing this rather than buy it outright a few years ago when you acquired the car in the first place? The few people I know who have done this have told me that it ended up costing more to lease & buy than buy outright. I guess if you think of it as an extended test drive, then you can decide later on whether to commit to owning.

And of course, the car availability situation of 2022 is not too good. Maybe this steered you into a little?

Steered (pun intended?) me a lot

Leasing a car, you donā€™t pay for the whole car, only for your usage. So over a similar payment period, the payment is less, though no equity at the end. But I am also at a point where I would like a new car every three years. I drove cars to death when I was putting kids through college.

To renew my wifeā€™s car the monthly payment would be 70% higher for the same car and double for what we wanted. The buyout is locked in as of the original lease date, so the value of what we paid to the Kelley Blue Book was fantastic. If things change, I might be able to actually trade it in in a year or two for a profit.

For my car, I leased, it was only $100 more a month and didnā€™t want to spend the cash on two cars. But the new buy out on my small sedan (nothing fancy) is more than what I paid for her SUV.

A new watch band

The literal last thing? Some gum and a Coke Zero.

The last somewhat interesting thing? One of those rocker pizza cutters, to use with my husbandā€™s new pizza oven.

The services of a grave digger.

(My father passed away last year. Because his cemetery plot was not local to where he passed and Iā€™m not local to either place, and because of all the problems with dealing with the formalities during the pandemicā€¦ Iā€™m making literal final arrangements for an upcoming road trip.)

5 Likes

Just ordered some Crumbl Cookies for my sisterā€™s birthday. Will pick up tomorrow.

1 Like

a cover for my dadā€™s phone

2 Likes

An expensive Consuela cross body bag. Will be perfect on my trip in late September where Iā€™ll be on a knee scooter. Now Iā€™m saving up for one of their larger bags.

Bought a 2023 Subaru Outback. Slightly used, 7500 miles. It was a loaner. Still havenā€™t seen it bc I havenā€™t been outside.

Ok so hubby did all the legwork but I had to sign papers via Docusign, and it was my cash, so I figure itā€™s mine.

After I can drive again I will see if I want the Outback or the Tiguan. My Escape is going to the kid, bc I need to not have to juggle cars with her when she has appointments.

4 Likes

Now trying to buy insurance. Kids have different insurance from us due to past accidents, and different deductibles so itā€™s a lot of phone calls. Hubby is handling the calls but I had to scooter into the office to remind him that we had different deductibles on different cars.

2 Likes