What happens if you never open your mailbox?

Every couple months or so I get a call from the doorman saying that my mailbox is full and I need to go check it. Usually that involves me taking out everything from the mailbox and just dumping it into the trash because spam and anything important gets sent to my email anyway.

What happens if you like, just never check it and then ignore the doorman or whoever tries to call you to empty your mailbox?

I mean the recycling. I’m a model citizen.

Put on some socks and sandals and go get your mail!!! :postbox:

1 Like

Train your cats to get it. Then line their litter box with the junk mail.

1 Like

I think I’d stop getting mail, and the postman (“doorman”? how bougie) would leave a note.

Here’s how it’s going to happen: you may be
walking. Maybe on a crisp, autumn day just like today. When a mail truck will slow beside you, and a door will open, and a mailman you know, maybe even trust, will offer to give you a lift.

And no one will ever see you again!

2 Likes

From a USPS FAQ:

Full mailbox and overflow

• If a mail receptacle is deemed by the letter carrier to be full, the letter carrier will leave a “We ReDeliver for You” form (PS Form 3849) in that receptacle and return the overflow mail to the local Post Office™ location for pickup. The LPO will automatically hold accumulated mail for up to 10 days. After ten days, mail is returned to sender. The recipient can get the overflow mail by:
    • Scheduling a Redelivery with PS Form 3849 - Someone must be available to receive the overflow mail when Redelivery occurs.
    • Picking up the overflow mail from the LPO listed on the Delivery Notice. You will need to bring photo ID for pickup.

You said a mailman I know, and you’re a mailman I know!

1 Like