What ever happened to....?

Post your guns!

Please cease and desist with this libel about me!

1 Like

I am not smarter than most actuaries. I’m probably about average, maybe even riding the left tail. It took me a long time to be cool with that, but now it’s really liberating. I’m happier in life with a different focus.

Left tail ftw! :h5:

1 Like

Joke: What do you call the person who graduated last in their class from medical school?

… Doctor …

2 Likes

Okay I just checked fb on our #1 (I only remember #1 because she was #1…and gave a speech). We’re actually fb friends! (don’t remember adding her at all)

She’s a resident physician at Harvard ortho residency program.

Apparently went to Stanford and got her MD there as well. So, not bad, but typical Asian I guess.

She was always the “good” student. In stu gov, friendly with everyone (the cool groups or the uncool groups), and seemed to know what she wanted in life.

I’m not impressed. I like bad ass people with unexpectedly good grades (like the hot girl who uses fake ID’s to get into clubs and gets wasted, but somehow manages to still be a straight A student). I’ve met a few people like that in my life, they’re way cooler.

<thatsracist.gif>

Athletic nerds! I was a 3-sport athlete in high school.

oh no

I started looking up the top kids from my HS class now and nearly everyone got a phd in some really interesting science that makes me jealous.

I didn’t have a fake ID, but I did start drinking at 16 - does that count?

1 Like

#1 in HS somehow leapfrogged me in grade 12 by like +0.1% and I was none too impressed. She appears to be working as a… Division Leader at an insurance company “Teaching People how to Save and Make Money”. Her education includes a Bachelor of Science (Math), Bachelor of Education, and most recently became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. I do not know how that ends in insurance.

#2 Me. FSA sitting on an ASA sans modules and killing it.

#3 Has been my friend and very closely matched in grades partner since elementary school. Her mom ran a daycare so she was always way bigger into kids than I was. She’s a speech pathologist (for kids) as far as I’m aware.

Grades drop significantly after this point - small high-school basically in the hood.

Yeah, were you a bad bad girl

wait you’re an FSA without modules?

No I’m just calling myself that for funzies.

The QFI exams were hard and I want credit for being done them.

This is my fake ID, if you will.

1 Like

I was probably top 3. Fewer than 100 in my class though. Not valedictorian/salutatorian but they both took mostly easier classes, there was no adjustment for those distinctions, and I had the highest SAT/ACT with 3 APs and dual-enrolling in college.

#1: No idea honestly, have never heard of her since.
#2: A sales rep, I think he’s now a higher-up field rep for a high-end chair company.
#3: Doing just fine here.
#4: Electrical engineer
#5: I assume she went to college, she went abroad for a couple years for volunteer work. Never heard anything since.

By college I knew I wasn’t exceptional, maybe in the top 10% which for our field is like top 75%.

True story.