What does a food processor do

We have one but never use it. We have an attachment to to the stick blender that we use occationally, but never the actual food processor. Should probably get rid of it to free up shelf space…

I’m not sure it is less total clean-up but likely less downtime. There might be a little bit less clean-up if you are more likely to rinse quickly and re-use something versus get out a new item and let the food on the other one dry. But I think the real time savings is the fact that while something is sautéing on the stove you wash/rinse a dish for 30 seconds rather than watching the item on the stove.

The mini processor that comes with the immersion blender only has a blade, it is not designed to slice anything.

Because my big food processor was broken, I ended up using my traditional blender to grate the parmesan. That worked okay, but the food processor would have worked faster and probably better.

I don’t have a mini, nor have I ever used one. But since the blade is what’s appropriate for grating Parmesan, I’d think you could simply put the 1” chunks in the mini with the blade and it would work just fine.