What does a food processor do

Okay somebody explain me what a food processor is, cause like some know it all dude on here claimed it’s better than a knife or something. But everyone and their grandma I know has a knife. Maybe even two, or something. Is a food processor like an automatic knife or something?

And can you hook up an air compressor to it??? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

5 Likes

Be sure to use the spell check otherwise who knows what will happen

Pretty sure that’s doable, or you could just use a gas-powered V8.

1 Like

You don’t process your food?

I use one to make homemade salsa. And sometimes for a recipe where something solid needs to become pureed. I never use the slicer/shredder disc.

It a lot easier to cut up stuff in bulk. And to get smaller pieces.

Unless you want uniform-sized pieces, like say for onions, just quarter it and throw it into the processor until you get the desired sizes.

If I have to chop more than two of the same things, I just toss then into the food processor.

1 Like

Life hack: you can just use your sink garbage disposal as a food processor.

4 Likes

One simple weight loss trick!

2 Likes

I know people who have bought a (new, clean) garbage disposal to make apple cider. Well, to mash the apples to make cider. Apparently it works great.

2 Likes

I love using it, cleaning it up, less so.

1 Like

I hate cleaning it so much that i almost never use it.

4 Likes

Rinse it immediately. Gets rid of most of the crud.

Then, as my wife does, make your husband clean it.

1 Like

Sounds like y’all need one that is dishwasher safe.

2 Likes

I haven’t broken it yet.

Wait, I did once. Fell on the tile floor. Bought a replacement mixing bowl with a red handle.

Everything but the part that houses the motor is. But it fills a huge swath of the dishwasher. So someone needs to run the dishwasher and empty it. If i use a knife, it’s 15 seconds to wash it.

When he cooks, he cleans his mess. When i cook, i clean my mess. He cooks at least as much as i do.

:woman_shrugging:

Huh. The non-cooker cleans in my family.

We’ve tried that. The problem is that it incentivizes the cooker to leave a mess. Whereas if you are cleaning up your own mass, it’s often pretty easy to just clean each thing as you use it, and the after-meal clean-up is minimal.

Wow, that’s some serious petty shit.

She also does far more cooking than I do, mainly because she likes to. And I like to eat, and she set the rules. Happy wife, happy life.