What did you do this weekend?

Where’s the other half??
More seriously, why do you think it tastes better? I’m not doubting you, I just want to know why it would taste better.
Is it because it is not bred and fed to feed the masses (e.g., to maximize the meat that can be sold)?
Was it fed something different? Was it “free range”?

Grass fed vs grain fed makes a significant difference.

1 Like

Agree, both in terms of taste and nutrition

1 Like

Yep… “grain fed” means corn. Cattle aren’t really meant to eat corn. They’re tastier & healthier (and therefore also healthier for us to eat) if they eat what they’re supposed to eat, which is grass and other grass-like plants such as alfalfa and hay.

Brings back childhood memories but not necessarily good ones! We killed and hung our own pigs from the trees beside our house but in later years contracted out the butchering. Had no freezer in those days but you needed a rented freezer locker anyway with a year’s worth of pork and beef stored there for the immediate family.

My kids missed this aspect of farm life but my parents were still killing chickens when my kids were little.

Thanks!

spent most of the day Friday talking with the 'rents re: their financial situation. met their financial planner, got insights into their regular and irregular bills, took a glance at prepared taxes from last couple of years.

Saturday

• flew back from FL
  • went to Hooters for some wings
  • hung out with some guy friends around a bonfire and sipped a little bourbon.

Sunday:

• cleaned the kitchen
  • went to Costco
  • cooked a rib roast ($23.99 / pound!!!) and mashed potatoes
  • Daughter and I watched a bunch of episodes of Bluey, highly recommended for any parents wishing to relive some of the good memories from when kids were little and so much more adorable.
  • All 4 kids and I had dinner where we reminisced about Mom and I told some stories.
  • daughter and other daughter and I had a good discussion about politics, achievement, and challenges of life.
  • son and I watched a movie (Awake (Netflix)), 3.5 / 5 stars.
  • a little self-care after a weekend of being “on” for everyone else

Friday:
Had a couple over to see our new pool refurb and deck refurb and covered patio and for dinner. The husband had already seen it, as he is doing some electrical work (also installing new electric heaters under the cover). The wife was impressed. This might become a regular thing, our hosting friend dinners on our patio, even when it gets cold (as soon as the heaters are installed). Essentially (but not officially) an extra 300sqft of living space, should be cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. Gonna be just like @Breadmaker sitting on my patio drinking and working!
Saturday:
I did my normal non-profit volunteering.
Nothing at night. Watched half of the new Planet Earth.
Sunday:
Took care of half the junk/memorabilia I took from my Mom’s. Still have shoeboxes full of pictures, and some older (100+ years old) pics in frames of family members. Not sure what to do with them. Scan and put on a website (insta?) for family members? I’d rather have a more private space for them. Maybe a chronological history of each of my siblings and me, as well as nephews and nieces. Great for wakes.
Went to the Friday couple’s house for dinner and games.

1 Like

go on…

@Bro Is this the same Hooters where you had the most disappoint experience??? :popcorn:

I only go there for the articles.

1 Like

As others said the difference between grass and corn fed I think is the main difference.

We also recently switched farmers. We used to get our meat in June/July from farmer 1. Farmer 1 used hormones (maybe called vitamins) to make the cows grow faster. Farmer 2 does not use any of that but now we get our meat in October/November since it takes longer for them to get to size. There is a noticeable difference in taste from Farmer 1 to Farmer 2 with Farmer 2 being better. Farmer 2 is also cheaper, I am guessing from less expenses, so all is good for Outdoorman’s family

Busy weekend.

Friday night hosted trivia.

Saturday Ran errands, went to the gym and rounded it out with a black tie dinner. (Sad note, my tux is a little tight on me. I should have had it tailored before I went.)

Sunday went into NYC to see Hamilton; mediocre seats better than no seats…Had to contend with NYC Marathon crowds in town.

I find that surprising, since he’s got to hold on to “inventory” for a longer period, but obviously makes it a double-win for you.

Friday: Attended a Harry Potter-themed birthday party with Hip_tigerwife for the 9-year old daughter of some friends. It was pretty elaborately decorated + themed games. We had a blast, despite being the oldest there by at least 30 years.
Saturday: Temple day, trained a new guy :slight_smile:

got the 16-piece boneless with hot sauce and some tots. waitress forgot the tots when she brought the wings, so when I reminded her and they came out they were super hot and crispy. took like half of each home.

I don’t remember. You remember the things I’ve posted? yikes

I posted a cheeky popcorn meme and everything!!! :broken_heart:

Hawt and crispy tawts, you say??? :popcorn:

Drove to Pittsburgh
Fri: Met up with cousin for dinner and a few beers
Sat: Went to cousins home to meet 2nd cousins (LAst time I saw cousin was at his wedding 7 years ago. Now he’s got 2 kids Ages 4 and 2). Picked up two buddies from Nashville at Airport. Rode the Duquesne Incline. Walked, ate and drank around The Strip.
Sun: Tailgate at the steelers game, then went to the game
Mon: Breakfast at Shelly’s (I recommend). Went to the Heinz Museum.

:poop: myself all day Sunday and part of yesterday (didn’t go in to work). May have been a GI bug. Back today, but my guts are still a little rumbly, so I’m a little afraid to eat lunch today.

In WI till the 27th.

Stayed first two days in La Crosse, WI with mini T-2. Made her and her roommates dinner. Baked spaghetti, salad and a snickers brownie.

Deer hunting over the weekend. Got me Bambi (my first deer ever)

Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Bloody deer