What can i do with leftover gravy?

Have you considered poutine?

1 Like

I can’t believe it took 20 responses for anyone to bring up this Canadian delicacy.
:canada:

Poutine = fries + cheese curds + hot gravy. But the other thing I’ve seen (not sure if this is Canadian centric or not) is fries + mayonnaise. Absolutely disgusting to think about IMO, but I’ve tried and…yeah it’s pretty good.

I’m sort of an expert on fries since I ran a fry truck in my 20’s. there was a long-established fry truck for sale here a couple of months ago and my SO said we should look at it. Uh, no thanks. I’ve got lots of stories I can tell about those days, but I am not interested in repeating them thanks.

Not Canadian centric, although the way I learned to do it was to swirl ketchup and mayo together. It’s definitely gross to think about, but tasty! I haven’t had it in a couple decades so my taste buds may no longer agree, and I’m not going to seek it out to find out. Been almost a year since I’ve had fries actually, kind of sad to think about.

Just dump it in the back yard - then you can have a gravyard

I do fries probably 6-10 times a year. It’s a good excuse to have family over, for a fish fry or poutine. My brother’s a chef so the two of us together get things going.

Early in the plague I was doing drive-by fry nights for all the neighbours. I think I did it about 6 times this year, set up in the garage, make fries + burgers and the neighbours would come by, pick up dinner, and hopefully social distance. Eventually people seemed to be getting lax with distancing so my SO shut me down.

Last weekend we had my aunt and uncle over. I put a propane heater in the garage, rustled up a fish fry and the four of us sat at opposite ends of the garage wearing masks unless we were eating. Really odd times we live in that that’s how we get any social interaction these days. But still, had me some fries :).

2 Likes

It comes from a package. It might use the same ingredients as Soylent Green. :expressionless:

There’s a dish called galvaude in Quebec: fries with peas and chicken topped with gravy. It is awesome!!! :yum:

They also put stuffing and other stuff on top and then callit newfie fries.

My go-to Philly Cheesesteak guy in Kitchener (ON, CAN) would mix a spicy mayo with ketchup and it was THE BOMB.

To be honest, I really don’t like poutine. I don’t like cheesy fries, either. Fries need to be crisp. Soggy fries aren’t something I want to eat.

My son loves, it though. Last time we visited Toronto together, I took him to a lot of poutine trucks.

[cough] …same… [cough]

I do like New York Fries fries with the sour cream & chees sauce & vegetables topping (fries mostly stay crispy).

I used to work with a lot of Dutch and they were all big on fries with mayo.

russian dressing

Would poutine with Russian dressing be called Vladimir Poutine?

1 Like

I will ban you :wink:

Have pun being banned?

Only if he is a Kurd

and to be clear, he is not dressing

1 Like

I do not think that is the same thing…