What awesome Chinese food are you eating today?

Same with chicken feet. Tried them, once was enough.
I was at a restaurant in nyc and buddy ordered the intestines iirc. Waiter wouldn’t take the order. We all protested, saying we just want to try them, it’s ok if we don’t like them. Nope, waiter told us that’s what everyone says, and nobody ever eats them. Order something else.

2 Likes

Do your kids like Indian food?? If so, yay for expanding their palettes!!! :+1:

My city is getting more ethnic restaurants (along with the pot shops :roll_eyes: ). Lots of Indian, Mexican, Thai, etc.!!! :yum:

Chicken feet: too chewy and gristly!!! Not a fan either!!

I would throw them into a stock pot with some mire poix and herbs though!!! :yum:

I like chicken feet. I like to chew in them, and i like them to make broth.

1 Like

So is it kind of like Asian fondue?

Damn i like goose. It’s too rich to eat often. And too much food to cook without having company over. But damn it’s good.

And goose fat is awesome for making popcorn.

In my FB feed, Jacques Pepin made about 30 quarts of chicken stock and pressure canned it!!! :man_cook: :yum: :+1:

Hah. No. Not a chance. My older son eat sushi but he won’t try anything Indian except butter chicken. And he’s not here today.

Yeppers. I always think of cheese when I think fondue but they do have meat and broth. And now I want fondue again!

1 Like

I make broth or of leftovers. Two chicken carcasses makes a little more than three quarts of rich, delicious broth.

I ended up bailing on the gravy. So now i have a pot of goose broth (from the neck, gizzard, and heart) and I’m not sure if I’m going to strain it and try to use it, or just toss it.

I like duck broth, but goose broth doesn’t really do it for me. I don’t know why.

What you’re saying is, it was a once in a lifetime experience.

1 Like

When I lived in Houston, I used to go to a Vietnamese place named Tan Tan Fast Food a lot that mainly served hotpot. The idea of hotpot being considered fast food was always funny to me.

My gf and I went to an Asian store to pick up some stuff. They had packages of chicken feet for sale!!! I just bough some regular bones for stock!!!

And we got dim sum too!!!

Did you get any har gow?

Go eat some rai-SINS!!!

So I’m near Toronto today, stopped at a very indian place. Got dosu to try. No idea what I’m eating but hopefully the not too spicy got through.

Dosu or Dosa? I’ve definitely has dosas before. They are kind of like a Indian Crepe that gets filed. Never heard of Dosu before but doesn’t mean it isn’t a thing as there are a lot of things I’ve never heard of.

No, it’s what you said.
I kind of liked it. There was three dipping sauces but I noped out of those.
They gave me soup as well. Pretty spicy.
Happy lunch for me. I love trying new food and so rarely get the opportunity.

Dipping sauces were probably mint, tamarind and mango. Or possibly one was Indian mixed pickles which I absolutely love.

Ramen. :worried: