What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

There was a US version of “Coupling” a few years ago. Went down in flames very quickly, IIRC. I did not watch it, so I can’t opine on whether that was deserved.

Finished season 2 of The Boys. Have to find the next good thing on Prime. Thinking the Americans or Unload.

Yes, when I stay with my parents and the TV is on FOX 24/7 the biggest issue isn’t even the bias… it’s that you hear the exact same thing over and over and over again… Each commentator plays the same clip and then gives their take on it… just rip my fingernails out one at a time please.

I heard about that but haven’t seen it to opine. The British version is funny though… which I assume is why someone thought it might be a good idea to try out a US version.

One thing that’s nice about British shows is that they have fewer writers because they have fewer episodes. So the stories are tighter… there’s better consistency.

The same guy wrote all 28 episodes of the British version of Coupling, as an example. He did kind of rip one episode off of Friends, but really did it better / ended up with a much funnier result so I was OK with it even if it was mildly annoying. I had to research which episode came out first as the two shows were contemporary. I sort of assumed that Friends ripped it off Coupling, but no it was the other way around.

Truth Seekers, with Nick Frost (and Simon Pegg, but more Frost):

Started watching “The Boys,” But I’ll probably stop after the two episodes I saw.

Anyone watch or watching 'The Man in the High Castle '?
I’m almost through season 1. It’s been pretty good so far but I definitely enjoyed the first 5 episodes more than the last 5 of season 1.
My 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime ends tomorrow. Do I pay for a month and watch the other 3 available seasons or just move back to Netflix/Hulu?

I liked the Americans. I also liked Patriot, but it only has two seasons.

I just finished Love and Anarchy on Netflix. It us Swedish but accessible. The basic story is about a woman who is a business consultant working with a small book publisher to help them go digital and while there she meets a very young guy and they end up crating dares for each other to perform. The dares start off very small and then escalate. One was for her to walk backwards all day long. One was for him to create anarchy at a business meeting. I really liked it, but I could see it being an acquired taste. 8 30 minute episodes.

Just finished watching the entirety of Start Trek: The Next Generation.

Plan on watching the various spin-offs as well. Debating at what point to watch the Original Series . . . I think I’ll be doing that before I watch ST: Enterprise at the very least.

Had you not watched it before?
And where is the episode-by-episode commentary?

I’ve found the spinoffs to be unworthy of my valuable time.

I was in HS/college when it was in first-run. Definitively recall watching the cliff-hanger two-part Borg war episodes (Best of Both Worlds).

But haven’t seen it “in sequence” before. A definite difference, especially in the last two seasons. (Less important for the first season, somewhat important in seasons 2 and 3, not very important for seasons 4 and 5, IMO.)

I have thought about doing episodic summaries; but will likely look at the various spin-offs first and re-watch the OS before starting a commentary on TNG.

Me too, but I’ll have to watch on Netflix or something like that. BBCA seems to have “sped up” the playback, and it’s possible there are missing seconds. Because, additional commercials and 1-hour time slot.
The arcs of the various characters are fun to think about. Something the showrunners really cared about.
And I was thinking about counting the number of unseen-but-implied-sex scenes (probably already published online). Especially with Riker taking over those Kirk duties.
And while it’s never noted, I wonder if Riker and Troi had a FWB agreement. Can always see a bit of resentment from the other whenever it was obvious Riker or Troi was getting some from someone else.
Also, I was watching a little Season 1 (I usually ignore them) last week and was surprised to see Yar killed off. I thought that was Season 2. She asked out of her contract DURING the first season (selfish move), so they killed off her character. Nice of her to come back as alt-timeline Yar (yesterday’s Enterprise), Q-niverse-Yar (finale) and Sela, though. Those appearances were much meatier. She should have realized that the show would be on several seasons, and there was plenty of time to make a good arc.

I had started watching ST:DSN when it first aired, but it was taking up too much time. I might have to revisit that, but I don’t have too many fond memories. I may have watched the finale, and I have watched the tribbles episode.
ST:V was too “Lost in Space”-y for me. Most interesting character was the hologram doc. Until 7. Of 9. I’ve seen the finale for that one recently. Didn’t hold up.

Letterman on netflix: My Next Guest Needs No Introduction

The Kim Kardashian was my favorite.

I finished Coupling. Series finale did not impress, but didn’t leave you angry or anything.

I’m re-watching The Crown in anticipation of Season 4 coming out on Sunday. We get to meet both Diana and Margaret Thatcher this season! And presumably a young William & Harry as well. Maybe the original Fergie???

Hoping that they cover Charles dating Diana’s older sister, who dumped him. I feel like that’s a part of their weird story that people don’t realize. I was glad they included a bit about Anne and Andrew Parker-Bowles last season.

+1
Roddenberry cared about the people as much as about the social issues he usually addressed in his shows. And he did a good job of finding people to write/produce to that effect.

One thing that was in the Pilot episode (Encounter at Farpoint) that really didn’t play out further in any other episode was the cross-dressing individuals.

You mean men wearing short skirts?
I think I saw one in another episode (1st season).
(Because all info is on the internet,…) there were five episodes of men wearing skants.
And in a “flashback” scene in “All Good Things…”

Dash and Lily on Netflix, 8 30 minute episodes. If you like Rom Com’s, Hallmark and Nickelodeon, this should be right up your alley. But a 4 hour movie is too long. The premise is interesting, Lily leaves a notebook in a book store with essentially a scavenger hunt in it. Dash finds it, completes the tasks and leaves a dare for Lily. This goes on for a fairly long time without them meeting.

My personal favorite is Voyager. Mr. NA and I are almost through that currently.

Other than Voyager, I’m also bingeing This is Us from the beginning, and I’m always watching Seinfeld and King of Queens on loop.