Wedding I didn'ts

I’ll cook them in small batches so it won’t be everyone at once. But the last cook of fries happens quickly, just a few minutes.
I’ve got a dual burner I use, and I’ve got a friend with a 3 burner deep fryer that I’m hoping to borrow. So 5 baskets at a time should go reasonably quickly.

Two words: Heat. Lamp.

McLobster.
Lobster King
SpaceWendy

1 Like

Sounds like you are doing the par-fry/freeze/final fry method? (like J. Kenji Lopez-Alt)

You said your fries are famous so I’m sure it’ll be loved, but wanted to plug that method. Despite all the time it takes it is heavenly and ruined me for most other fries. Also like you said, most of the work is prep and then just slamming it into oil for like 4 minutes.

Could be fun if you can set up some type of bacon, queso, green onion, kimchi, Kewpie mayo, furikake etc. bar to put on top! Ingredients depending on your expected audience.

I’ve heard that saurkraut can also work.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Love sauerkraut (hell got some home-made in my fridge right now), not sure I’d want it on fries. Maybe with some kielbasa and a sauce to go with, could see!

I’ve also heard that cole slaw can also work.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Think I’m being low-key trolled, but can see it.

Maybe because I don’t love fries in general, but I put mayo on them so cole slaw seems okay. Would want it to be a little vinegar-forward.

More like RNN:

Ah. Yes, NN.

Yep. Boil until just barely soft. Freezer. Deep fry until just barely yellow and a film appears. Freeze. Then third time into the oil at 375 until crispy.
I’m doing 30lbs of taters right now for my daughter’s get together this weekend. It is a bit of work, but very satisfying.

2 Likes

ctm

:toth:

1 Like

:ctm:^.5

:toth:

Noice. I can’t eat random fries anymore… McDonald’s par-fried and frozen is good if you get them very fresh and eat within minutes but generally restaurant french fries are garbage.

(Yes I know you can request McD food fresh, they’ll do it, but I worked there and it’s a pain so I never do. 50% of the time their fried food is floppy sadness.)

Floppy Sadness…That was my nickname in high school…:frowning:

3 Likes

You stole my joke. I was going to say that’s what I named my gals after my son was born.

2 Likes