Voip/office phone + headset

Gotta figure out what to do for my phone at work. I need a comfortable headset, as I’m on the phone a lot. I want something with a good noise cancelling mic, and comfortable dual ear pieces.

I bought a new phone. Doesn’t have 3.5mm jacks for my regular headsets (I already own 2 prettydecent headsets that are 3.5mm). Doesn’t have bluetooth. The only connection is an rj9 to the phone, the old headset phone cord connection.

I can’t find a voip phone that takes 3.5mm headsets.
I’m cautious about bluetooth headsets. Maybe I’m just old.
I don’t like any of the rj9 capable headsets I see, most of them are one earpiece only, and none of them seem as high quality as my current headsets.
I tried to order an rj9-3.5mm adapter. Amazon showed it as lost, then told me to request a refund.

Please be generous and kind with your advice as to how I should proceed, which I shall then likely mostly ignore. But I’m curious what you folks are using.

Fits this thread:

4 Likes

Order another adapter. It sucks that they lost one, but if you like your phone and you like your headset, and the adapters I see are cheap…

I’m impressed that you’re still using a phone. I think I’ve received two phone calls for work since pandemic lockdowns introduced the business world to Teams…and one of them was a call from IT testing a change in the phone system.

I use a plantonics wireless. One ear, but I like it. Use it for teams or phone, which I hardly use anymore.

Love the wireless, so I can move around if not on camera.

I know they have multiple options

1 Like

Good point. I’m B2C, so it’s all phone stuff. But now that you mention it, yeah, all my B2B stuff is zoom or something else. With my staff it’s all IM or video conferencing. So yeah, if all my stuff was B2B, I wouldn’t need a phone.

I tried using a softphone on my computer, but it sucks for sound quality.

Yes, I’m annoyed that my company has done away with both VOIP phones and the utility that allowed us to make calls from our personal phones (cell, VOIP, or landline) but have our business phone number show on caller ID. Instead, when WFH, we’re now supposed to use soft phones on our laptops.

I tried the soft phone utilities when they were first made available to us at work, and they did suck. However, I assume they’ve gotten better if we’re being forced to use them…but I’ve never actually had the opportunity to try. (At least I’m still allowed to have incoming calls auto-forward to my cell and home VOIP line.)

But I have no customer contact. I only talk to corporate folks, vendors, and occasionally a regulator.

Not using anything.

So your solution must have a 3.5mm jack on it and a microphone?

I have a set I love, but they are Bluetooth, and my favorite wired set doesn’t have a microphone.

This is a USB webcam, but it’s surprisingly good at audio. Likely doesn’t fix your issue but punches way above $20: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-C270-HD-Webcam-Black/dp/B008QS9J6Y/ref=asc_df_B008QS9J6Y/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=583518774644&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17688558859607690701&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017595&hvtargid=pla-318320058426&psc=1

Solved! Got a buddy who’s just this week shut.down his office to WFH and had a ton of equipment. Including $700 VoIP phones that have a usb headset connection. So all I have to do is take a drive to his place, and…free phone plus connects to my headset.

He also tried to pawn off some desks on me lol. No, I’ll bring you desks. I have spares.

4 Likes

…And…Not solved!
Drove to buddy’s house yesterday. Lovely drive, got to see his new house. Picked up a couple of phones with USB ports on it.
Spent an hour or so configuring. No sound through the USB headset. Read the manual, "USB port installed for future compatibility’. i.e., it has a usb port that does nothing.

I did some further reading. Looks like softphones, which I’ve tried before unsuccessfully, are often better if you plug a USB headset directly into the computer. Instead of connecting my headset/mic into the sound card. Tried that this morning, and it seems…acceptable. Will do some further testing, maybe that’s all I’m going to do for now.

2 Likes

Solved not solved? I called someone from my softphone and we couldn’t hear each other. Dammit.

I broke down and bought a VoIP desktop phone that takes usb headset. And my headset does usb or 3.5mm jack, so it has to be solved now.

Now I gotta unload my basically new grand stream phone I bought.