Valentine's gift ideas

Used to give V-Day gifts back in the day. Now we usually find a small piece of candy for the other and that’s it. Maybe try to cook together with a new recipe for dinner.

1 Like

I love that kinda stuff!

Honestly I hate going out on the “big days” bc it’s so crowded.

I wish my kids were near enough,

Then again they are young,why spend it with us

Does this also apply to birthday celebrations, anniversaries, or Christmas gifts? Why does Valentine’s Day have this label of being unnecessary showing of affection while other events don’t?

I used to feel this way, but as someone who is in an incredible marriage with a person who does show me every day how much I mean to them, it’s still nice to go get that overpriced dinner, away from the kids, just the two of us.

Also, we are both human, and while we do our best to show each other how much the other means, we have off days, get in spats, are busy, whatever.

I don’t know what changed and why I no longer see Valentine’s Day as frivolous.

I sometimes have dinner with my sister and two women who are mutual friends. We usually aim for November, and can’t schedule, and can’t schedule…

One year the first day we could find when we were all free was Valentine’s day. Turns out, none of us did much on Valentine’s day, all of our husbands were cool with us getting together. So we all went to “the melting pot”.

You should have seen how solicitous the staff were to these four old maids who couldn’t get a date on Valentine’s day. :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

My theory on this - based on having one relationship where these things were considered frivolous and another where it isn’t an expectation but a nice thing to do - is that, while nobody “needs” the special occasion to show love, it IS a special occasion where if you do choose to show that little extra special love, you know you have that one and only special person for which you may choose to show that little extra special love to.

When I was in the former relationship, I would oftentimes think to myself “Sure, the day in question is not special - but if the person I love the most in the world isn’t going to celebrate the frivolous with me, or go out of his way to show me a pointless romantic gesture - then who will?” And then it just felt sad.

When you stop thinking about what everybody else is doing and why they’re doing it, you start thinking about why you’re doing it. And I want to do it because there’s only one person I want to do it for - he’s what makes the unspecial special.

1 Like

Good point.

1 Like

Leg Lamp is just the thing to fit this bill! :judge:

Let’s all celebrate VD.

1 Like

is there a “hell yes” option?

who are the 3 lame people who voted no?

Maybe.
The last two pieces of jewelry we got from him I priced at a bigger retail jewelry store and they were significantly higher. :woman_shrugging:

He doesn’t have a “store”. He has a small shop with a very small inventory. Mostly he makes stuff for people. But can’t make everything himself so will order something if you ask him to.

If everybody knew a guy like that, there wouldn’t be the shit ton of retail jewelry stores there are around here.

Tiffany (the store, not the poster) has their prices online.

I bet other jewelry stores do too.

Costco often has nice stuff, but a pretty limited selection.

This

Hubby already has this :rofl:

But did he get it in a wooden crate?

I vote for conversation hearts.

I’m not sure!

I also know someone who has that lamp and I happen to be visiting them on valentines day, sooo guess that’s out.

Actually it’s their roommates lamp I think.

1 Like

They don’t make the original recipe of these anymore, and I’m not okay with it.

This was an annual thing bc hubby loved them, but a few years ago they changed the flavor and he hates them now.