United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

We know what this SC would think about 3/5ths.

1 Like

That is what the founders intended…

1 Like

Diane Feinstein announces retirement. I mean not today which would have been cool but at the end of her term. Shouldn’t have run in 2018. I mean I liked her for a long time but it was pretty clear heading into the 2018 election she was already suffering from dementia which probably wasn’t going to improve as she got closer to 90.

Not really for this thread but didn’t want to start a new one and this one seemed close enough.

3 Likes

She was a Democratic capital punishment supporter (I didn’t even know they existed). The end.

It becomes contentious every time there is a drought. That area of Georgia is full of carpet mills (water intensive manufacturing) so they freak out when water is running low.

Another GOP congressman with a completely fabricated resume?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/garrett_archer/status/1626367506758897664?s=46&t=QXvkj8Qb5zuMykGVO7F3jw

An awful lot of “failed to prove”s in there. Although, to be fair to her, it is really hard finding proof of things that didn’t happen.

1 Like

It really bugs me how these guys lie about their credentials. On the other hand, maybe he has called himself an economist so many times that he has actually convinced himself he is one so he doesn’t realize he’s lying.

1 Like

My take is that, if the Republican party has learned anything over the past 8 years, it’s that 1) big lies don’t seem to matter among party and constituency 2) integrity doesn’t seem to matter among party and constituency. And maybe 3) 1 and 2 really annoy Democrats.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Lol, he faked doing econ with Arthur Laffer.

That’s like faking a degree from Trump University.

5 Likes

To be fair, I’m not certain that bit of “wisdom” is unique to the GOP (even if most of the whoppers recently found have come from that side of the aisle).

Exaggeration of one’s experience is something that many, if not most, politicians seem to do from time to time…because their supporters eat it up when deciding to provide financial support to campaigns.

My point isn’t about “exaggeration”. My point is about outright verifiable big lies.

Yes, if you’re aware that outright verifiable big lies have no consequence, I’d expect minor exaggerations to be just fine and dandy, too.

4 Likes

Oops.

4 Likes

Guess who DeSantis was buddies with when it meant $ and introductions?

3 Likes