United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

1. i would believe agreeing to put more of the facist group on committees, doesn’t mean all have to be. So i would believe he would punish the last 5 or 6 holdouts

2. if the dems played games and tried to get a mod Rep, could that have cost Jeffries the minority leader seat?

1. I think whoever it was that screwed up the deal that failed with the 14th ballot will get punished somehow. My best guess is that the punishment will involve a lousy set of committee assignments.

2. Party leadership decisions are handled within the parties themselves. The only practical consequence had the D’s tried to support a moderate R would have been some form of punishment for the D’s if the party as a whole hadn’t approved it. The last time someone voted out-of-party without a blessing, that someone received no committee positions.

IFYP

1 Like

First move for the GOP: increasing the deficit. The playbook is always the same.

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1612542896762134552?t=ptqGlFEXaALVTQC2-wRRnQ&s=19

2 Likes

Any GOP claim to be a fiscally responsible party is laughable.

2 Likes

Most ethical Congress in history votes it obviously doesn’t need congressional ethics oversight.

2 Likes

3rd order of business is to make sure law enforcement doesn’t investigate or prosecute crimes if committed by dear leader

I’m guessing that the 4th order will be to try to force the Dept of Justice to investigate Hunter’s laptop.

Possibly. Maybe move straight to impeachment of Biden.

Hopefully DOA in Senate

I mean to the extent that we don’t want House Republicans working on anything that has a snowball’s chance in hell of actually passing, it’s good that they’re wasting time on nonsense like this.

Oh, there are ways to do this, but of course they will want immediate action, but it will result in unintended consequences.
No, the method is to slowly decrease income taxes while increasing the consumption tax and flat deduction), so that it is not a shock to the economic system (in which rich people always win).
Would still need an “IRS” of some sort to make sure people and businesses pay the consumption tax. cuz, people and businesses won’t if no disincentive not to. (Quadruple negative!)

i^4

Since they already didn’t want someone making sure they paid what they owe, I see no reason they’d want it in this case, either.

Did some very rough calculation and consumption tax would have to be about 40% on 9 trillion on domestic consumption expenditures to replace the current federal revenue of about 3.6 trillion.

Better call it 50% to deal with all the lost demand

What is your standard deduction (“rebate”)? Because it should be progressive, so as not to drive poor people to crime.

This will definitely work out in my favor!

I made a mistake in the revenue figure which is closer to 5 trillion if you include payroll taxes. To balance the budget you would need over 6 trillion. So let’s say a 66% tax.

Fun!
No, let’s do reality.