United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

A few years ago, my state passed a new law requiring drivers to either pull out of the right hand lane when passing a stopped emergency vehicle on a highway, or to slow down a lot. “Huh”, I thought, “I do that anyway. I suppose a law couldn’t hurt”. But it turned out that the incident that led to the new law was a police officer killed while standing next to a disabled vehicle. The driver was drunk, speeding, driving on the shoulder (not in a legal lane) and also had no license (due to previous drunk driving charges). I find it hard to believe that ONE MORE LAW would have prevented that death.

I mean, it’s still hard to object to the law, but I doubt it will actually prevent the deaths it is supposed to prevent.

3 Likes

Just posting here to show how the NYT polls in key states did vs actual results. Fairly good.

2 Likes

My random guess is that COVID was engineered, however, it’s worth adding that the best evidence is not the studies we funded, but rather the one we didn’t fund.

And yeah, even among people who agree we shouldn’t be making superviruses, there’s a lot of issues with GoF definitions, loopholes, and exceptions.

1 Like

Maricopa dropped and lake is not getting the margin she needs

5 Likes

Nbc is calling it for hobbs

4 Likes

CNN as well and AP as of just a couple minutes ago.

For those of us who don’t have a spreadsheet tracking seats, what does that mean?

az governor

It’s the Governor’s race, so absolutely nothing in terms of the 118th Congress, but potential for other impacts, of course.

D’oh, ninja’d.

:party:

AZ seems pretty blue to me

Kari Lake was being called a rising star in the GOP and was into all the MAGA conspiracy crap, so good to see her being the latest MAGA tears.

The Republican Party there is the lunatic fringe so some sane Republicans vote Democratic.

2 Likes

Other impacts to me:

1. I assume NV citizens are better off with a governor who isn’t an election denier.

2. It is one more loss for Team Trump. That increases the chance of a solid challenge for the 2024 nomination.

Along that line … Rupert Murdoch urges Donald Trump not to run in 2024, threatening to back a Democrat if he does

This is a more explicit version of FoxNews promoting DeSantis while ignoring Trump.

3 Likes

Oh sure, not disputing any of that. Interesting about Murdoch.

Depends on where you are. Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson, Flagstaff - all pretty blue. The rest of the state not so much.

The town where I live is probably a bit bluer than a lot of areas, but the school I teach at is in a VERY red area.

I am so beyond relieved that Hobbs won. She will be a very good and effective governer with the state goverment experience she has, and she seems reasonable and willing to work across the aisle. Lake would have mostly just been a spectacle in order to catapult her to the national stage.

1 Like

Trump is a loser. Rupert Murdoch, and the GOP that suckle on his media teats, only respect power. There are no morals, there are no principles, there is only power. Losing is not powerful so Trump is cast aside.

1 Like

Let’s be fair. This is human nature. Democrats would have been casting Joe Biden to the side so fast if the red wave had materialized. That said I will say again I think in a short period of time Donald Trump will be like the Iraq War, no one will admit they supported it/him. History is going to paint Trump for exactly who he is, not who he claims to be.

I just hope you that’s not after he is elected president a second time.

2 Likes

And, I hope that history will not remember Trump as the one-term president who blazed the path for the next autocrat.

2 Likes