Trump permabanned

Oh that’s not true. He knows how to do a lot of things.

Lie
Cheat
Fail
Be an asshole

1 Like

280 characters already taxes his brain. An op-ed would be way too much.

Correct. He put up a tweet, it was deleted and the account is reportedly locked.

He then went to the campaign account and tried posting from it. The tweet was quickly deleted and the account banned. There will probably be a small amount of whack-a-mole as he exhausts any other accounts he has access to.

Whack-a-mole, I’m telling you all.

He was using @TeamTrump for a hot moment, but that’s been banned now too. Twitter is banning Trump related accounts faster than trump supporters can break into the capitol building.

\textcolor{red}{\text{Is it fair to ban Barron?}}

I could really use an elephant ear and a ferris wheel ride about now.

1 Like

Have you seen the date stamps on his tweets???

It’s funny, because of course this guy could hold a press conference on half an hour’s notice and be broadcast verbatim to the world. He’s hardly been silenced.

But you don’t get twitter analytics from a press conference.

Good point. I hadn’t thought about that.

I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future We will not be SILENCED!

I wonder what you “negotiate” with other sites.

Mods, please change thread title to Trump Stumped.

2 Likes

“Let me say what I want, pay me $1million a year, and I’ll bring you my 70 million twitter followers.”

:iatp:

Furthermore, the right guaranteed by the first amendment is generally in line to allow criticism of the government far more than saying, “you can say whatever you want whenever you want.”

Freedom of speech is not a license to discourtesy. I think courtesy is something that is nearly gone in today’s society in general, let alone our state and national leaders/representatives*.

*. I’m not saying that none of these people lack it, but it glaringly clear that the media tends to avoid highlighting many of these people overall, opting instead to focus on those divisive individuals.

Okay. I hate to admit that I hadn’t thought about that.

Parler may get shut down. I’m sure they will come back online, but good job Amazon.

3 Likes

nice

Saw the same thing on the WSJ. That’s a big deal.

I have to disagree with this. Private places may require courtesy. GoActuary, or Facebook has the right to require courtesy of its users. And most of the time, I prefer hanging out in places that require (or at least encourage) courtesy.

But I don’t think you can have free speech in a legal sense without the right to be rude. To say, “that’s stupid!”. To say “hell no, we won’t go.” To say, “you are a liar!” I would be extremely worried if the federal government got into the business of enforcing courtesy.

2 Likes

I agree. To me the key to this is the lying. People need to start suing for libel and slander over the lies these people tell. You can’t just make up lies. That is not free speech. Like this voting machine business in Georgia. The ballots were hand counted 2 times after the election and the results were exactly the same. At this point talking about voting machines is slanderous libel. I cheer Dominion for starting to sue these people.