Travel advice

Aaaaaand, now I’m getting nervous to fly July 3. Connecting through Chicago on the way out and Philly on the return. I guess the good news is we are flying to Europe, so if our flight gets delayed for something other than weather we get compensated.

18 hour drive halfway across the country? Believe it or not, driving.

4 Likes

A bit pointless to recommend never connecting in nyc when you in fact live in nyc though

Are these websites actually cheaper in the first place? I usually search for a flight on cheaptickets.com but then go on to book direct with the airlines website where it is usually a few dollars cheaper, not more expensive

1 Like

If you live in NYC, how are you connecting in NYC? It is the start or end of the trip, not a mid-point. Relax a tad.

I like to drive too. Also you can’t stop at Buc-ee’s if you fly.

1 Like

i assume that includes don’t fly out of nyc with don’t connect in nyc.

She clearly states avoid connecting there. If she meant to avoid those airports entirely, she could have easily said so.

this is what it says. she is pointing out that 50/50 chance your flight will be cancelled and the restaurants are expensive and puts a :poop: emoticon on the entire city. so that applies to people who live here.

We’ll be making an 11 + 3 hour drive next week and reverse it a couple weeks later. We do that twice a year.

1 Like

If your outgoing flight is cancelled, are you stuck at the airport or are you staying (or going back) home?

No mention in the advice of the alternative of taking the train. That would be more comfortable than a 7 hour car drive if Amtrak ran on that route. Taking the bus is less palatable than the train for that long a trip.

1 Like

Humble brag about not living in Columbus, Ohio.

Columbus is one of the largest, and possibly the largest, metro area in the US with zero passenger trains. No Amtrak, no commuters, no trolleys, no subway, nada.

1 Like

Don’t travel yet because of the pandemic imo.

the pandemic is passe. it’s time to live laugh love

1 Like

i have to travel to get away from my apartment that’s possibly making me sicker than the pandemic.

thus far i’ve avoided covid. i’m sure my luck will run out eventually. hopefully i don’t get a case like twig. that’s scary and we are around the same age.

i wear an n95 on the flight and hope for the best.

1 Like

outgoing flight i go back home, but i need to fly back as an incoming flight too.

i flew in january, february, and may. the may flight back got delayed by about an hour. the rest were i think on time. the most eventful thing about traveling was like i said getting a freaking cab at midnight at lga. i waited on line for like an hour. it sucked. and my phone was dead.

airport was DEAD in february. i was wondering if people were taking the pandemic seriously then for some odd reason. i think they weren’t. it’s just an off time to fly. i think it was presidents day weekend. i liked having the airport to myself and the airport i went to seemed even more dead.

made up for it memorial day weekend sadly when both airports were packed.

wiki says this, so it must be true.

Arguably that’s not really a connection though. But yeah, obviously in your case an NYC area airport is unavoidable.

if you got all that you might turn into new york. do you want this?