Travel advice

It’s a chain. I filled out their “contact us” on their website. 600 character limit. I’ll report back if I hear anything. I originally wrote more, but had to get it under 600 characters. Their drop down list didn’t show a DFW location though. :woman_shrugging:

I had to exit out the fact that I’m white and my husband is black because they didn’t really allow enough characters for that. Hope they don’t think I’m trying to be deceptive, but whatever.

No lids.

Maybe, but we certainly had real plates and utensils. Wouldn’t our cooties infect the plates & utensils as much as the glasses? Maybe I’m ignorant of how these things work!

I think I’d rather have plastic cups. less cooties.

other than the fact that they were smaller. that’s bad.

Occam’s Razor says it’s obvious there is a conspiracy at DFW restaurants to serve black people (at tables) in plastic cups while maintaining racial equity in every other aspect of the service. Furthermore, it is not too difficult to conceal this complicated practice from the minority workers.

No wait, Occam’s Razor says they ran out of clean glasses. Did anyone think to ask the waiter why are you serving us in plastic cups?

Eh, they served the black people on one side of us plastic cups then the white people on the other side of us in glasses then us in plastic cups.

how many people are you referring to? are you sure this isn’t just a coincidence that has nothing to do with race? just seems like an odd way to discriminate.

Next time (if there is one) your partner should ask for a glass and see what happens? Force their hand?

1 Like

Like 3 tables with African Americans and about 8 or 9 without.

I’m a professional-grade sleeper and thankfully don’t get jet lag. It sounds pretty lousy.

Were the plastic vs glass confined to one geographical area of the restaurant, as in by server section?

Ignored much of the advice in the op and im flying out of a new york airport not even close to first thing in the morning and we are about to take off on time.

Im one of the very few people in this flight with a mask. Neither of the flight attendants are wearing them either. Wish me luck not catching covid.

2 Likes

Same server for us and the tables on either side of us. Also, the white people at the table on one side of us sat down after us and were waited on first. Same server.

IFYP. Still mandatory to be masked on flights and in airports in Canada. There was 100% compliance on the two flights I took in July.

3 Likes

Probably about 10% of passengers on our flight were masked. But 100% of flight attendants. Maybe an airline requirement???

Hmm, my husband just flew off for a business trip. I should ask him about masking. But his direct flight started boarding about 15 minutes late. So basically it was on time.

(Uta: And based on when he texted me, it landed before it was scheduled to. So actually, it was totally on time.)

Im not following what point you fixed. Im talking about the US, not canada.

My flight got in a half hour early, so the op has been pretty wrong here

Idk assuming it isnt for delta since they arent masked

We are just sitting on the runway when i really need to pee. Not a half hour early anymore. Let me off this plane!!!

Ive been sitting on this fucking plane waiting to get to the gate to get off for about a half hour now