Tonal

Well shit, I guess you can try in-store at a local Nordstrom Tonal Locations | Try Tonal at a Showroom Near You

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t mean you shouldnā€™t buy the SMEG line, Iā€™m saying youā€™re like me and like to spend money on good things. Iā€™d buy the entire SMEG line if I could.

1 Like

lol

My personal trainer sees me over Google meet, so I work out in my bedroom.
There are personal trainers who will go to your home. I nearly hired one for my mom.
Three months with a personal trainer will cost you less than $4000, and is plenty of time to evaluate the trainer.

Of course, itā€™s a lot harder to find a good trainer than to buy a thing. And you have obviously decided to buy it, no matter what anyone says here. So I hope you enjoy it. :wink:

$4150*

donā€™t forget the $50 monthly subscription

Returning this sounds like a PITA

I think Iā€™m about 80% there. I was hoping there was somebody here that had more familiarity with the thing thang but it seems like thatā€™s not the case.

Another consideration I had was how long this product has been on the market - I wouldnā€™t spend this much to be part of the beta user group. 2018 seems pretty okay.

Iā€™m a bit surprised that I got husband on board so fast - I guess the reviews are solid AF.

Part of the reason I havenā€™t joined Stitch Fix is because thereā€™s a 0% chance I will return anything, even if it doesnā€™t fit. Go big or go home on this one.

Good. Better would be if you can go to a friendā€™s house and get an actual workout. The ā€œin-store tryā€ is going to be like 30 seconds of ā€œCan I find the arm band thingy?ā€ and ā€œLook at this video of sexy people sweating and looking sexy!ā€ Far cry from an actual workout standing in the same spot for 30 minutes and flexing your glutes at the mirror.

Imo a concept 2 rower is a lot cheaper, gets as small on the wall, and can give you as good a workout, plus tracks your stats and stuff.

Does Stitch Fix send you stuff every month?

My wife buys me like six things of clothing every year. I buy myself an article of clothing maybe three times ever two years.

The worst thing about tonal is that it makes a terrible clothes rack once it inevitably goes unused

I see these new pieces of workout equipment as essentially fad diets

I remember other kids having a bowflex growing up. Now itā€™s tonal

Stick with running (or jogging if you canā€™t maintain a run), calisthenics, and a healthy diet

Or, weight training for bigger (not hugely bigger) muscles to increase basal metabolism.

1 Like

Both strength and cardio exercises are important to maintain overall health. If you work as an Amazon warehouse stocker, you probably donā€™t need any other exercise. But most of us desk jockeys do.

I think strength is more important than cardio for overall fitness, particularly if you have pain issues, which I suppose everyone might have in old age. I didnā€™t get my pain issues under control until I built strength in my muscles. I think for preventing pain issues itā€™s necessary.

i donā€™t feel like cardio ever did much for me but building strength and actually overall flexibility was magical.

I am a huge proponent of weight training but it requires a lot more equipment/space/gym membership than just a pair of sneakers. It is easier to just do a bunch of push ups, sit ups, and lunges before or after a jog.

Once people start seeing progress they tend to get hooked.

All the health benefits without having a $4,000 tonal machine hanging off your wall

1 Like

The equipment, for serious training is expensive. But there are cheaper ways. Definitely any body weight resistance exercise, fancy rubber bands, uphill running, pullups (assisted until strong enough).
Itā€™s all better than mostly running.
When youā€™ve worked up a sweat running, thatā€™s plenty.

1 Like

I honestly think my little set of weights and bands, which fit behind the bathroom door when Iā€™m not using them, give me 90% of the benefit of all the fancy gym equipment.

2 Likes

I have a pair each of weights at 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, and 20 pounds. And I use my body when I need more weight.

1 Like